+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Most horsepower per dollar!!!

http://www.impulsengine.com/how/index.shtml

Have at it.... small diameter headers and hot air induction systems....you be the judge
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

http://www.impulsengine.com/how/index.shtml

Have at it.... small diameter headers and hot air induction systems....you be the judge
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Personally I'm waiting out for hover cars =]

Well, you could make all of those modifications (which were very vauge), or you could slap on a turbocharger and the the same output. How the hell would you heat the incomming air? I guess you could put a heating element from a blow dryer in there, but it seems like a lot of work. As intake speed would increase, intake air temp would decrease because of less contact to the heating element, and then you would be at less than optimal temperature. You would also, then have to vary the injected water temperature. Other losses would be seen in the pumping force required to force the exaust gases out.
    And, why would the intake open before tdc, because then it would just get pushed back out when it got to tdc. You'd think they'd want to open it after tdc to get an even greater vacuum pressure.
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

but denny, its 1/3 the cost of a turbo/super and the same power!!!!
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by absolutepressure:
    Well, you could make all of those modifications (which were very vauge), or you could slap on a turbocharger and the the same output. How the hell would you heat the incomming air? I guess you could put a heating element from a blow dryer in there, but it seems like a lot of work. As intake speed would increase, intake air temp would decrease because of less contact to the heating element, and then you would be at less than optimal temperature. You would also, then have to vary the injected water temperature. Other losses would be seen in the pumping force required to force the exaust gases out.
    And, why would the intake open before tdc, because then it would just get pushed back out when it got to tdc. You'd think they'd want to open it after tdc to get an even greater vacuum pressure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heating the air would be easy,, the engine is always rejecting heat to the coolant so there would be a air to water, and then a water to coolant exhanger to heat the air..

although im very confused about the reasons listed to increase intake charge temperature.

but, the reason why you would want to do that

'Negative pressure supercharging' sounds an awful lot like just plain ol ramcharging/pulse tuning, but done really well to really kick up the volumetric efficiency of the thing.
    Colorado FSAE | '05 - '07
    Goodyear Tire & Rubber | '07 - '11
    NASCAR Engineer | '11 - ??

Wow are they legitimately trying to sell this stuff? When I first saw it I thought it was a joke sight like this one KaleCo
    Josh Gillett
    Oregon State FSAE '04-'06

Dude, that site is hilarious! The O-pipe, provides 100% backpressure on ALL ENGINES! lol!
    You bring up a good point, though. Do you see how they claim "violent acceleration" and "extremely violent acceleration?" Number one, who the fuck says that? And number two, extremely violent acceleration from a towing vehicle? So....like the acceleration of a top fuel dragster? That's extremely violent. Hey, buy this kit and you'll do 0-Fucktard in 3 seconds!!!
    Sorry for the profanity.

Edit: I don't think I got across what I was trying to say. I'll combine my two posts into a more poinient, less jockular statement. I think that thier product would work very well in a controlled environment, and in theory (except for the valve timing issue I addressed earlier). However, I believe that there are too many uncontrollable variables in the environment for this to be a reliable (or reliably provide a lot of power) system. For example; on Monday, it was 76 degrees. On Wednesday, it was 28 degrees. You would have needed to fush out the system and put antifreeze in there. But, then the temperature warmed up again, so the system would be at less than optimum. Even just differences between night and day would have a large affect in some areas.
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

lol... I love the fact that instead of dyno numbers, they say 'it beat a subaru WRX'
    Ben Beacock
    Alumni
    '03,'04(AWD),'05(AWD) Gryphon Racing - University of Guelph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast