+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steering system geometry

hey guys,

i was working on the steering design for the first time so i got a doubt.
    the steer ratio = arcsin(c-factor/steering arm length)/360.
    c-factor=travel(in.)/360 degree pinion rotation.

so this states that c-factor/steering arm length should be less than 1.the problem i am having is that i am not able to keep the ratio less than 1 . is it really important? any help would be really nice.

thanks in advance.

hey guys,

so this states that c-factor/steering arm length should be less than 1.the problem i am having is that i am not able to keep the ratio less than 1 . is it really important? any help would be really nice.

thanks in advance.

Dude, spamming the forum with the same question in a bunch of different threads will not help your cause here at all.

Scio cur summae inter se dissentiant! Formulae errata.

Go bake a pie or two...

I'm sorry Vkarmwar, I didn't hear that. Could you repeat it?

Oh, you already did! Several times !!

Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

ok i am sorry.
    but please can anyone of you help me with it.

Dude, do you learn? Not even 20 minutes after writing this you have spammed us on another thread with the same question AGAIN.

You are going to attract all sorts of ridicule if you keep up this sort of behaviour on these boards. And not many answers...
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vkarmwar:
    ok i am sorry.
    but please can anyone of you help me with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vkarmwar:
    hey guys,

thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After the first time I saw your post, I considered replying. After the 6th time, I've finally decided to reply, but the response isn't going to be nearly as helpful now. A half-hearted attempt at "research" by simply bumping every top rated post based on a blind search of the word "steering" in every board on the forum is just tacky. It's actually a step below not doing any research as far as I'm concerned.

I also vehemently hate the mythical "equation treasure hunt," and will not do your math for you. If you can't figure it out from a free body diagram, then you can't figure it out. I won't do it for you. If you have a "doubt," you should ask another engineer, engineering professor, or engineering student to check your work. Ask someone who can look at the free body diagrams that you have made, and ask them if they make sense and check out. I don't catalog equations for these things, because in reality a list of equations, the main prize of the "equation treasure hunt," really just isn't that useful.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adambomb:
    hey guys,

thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After the first time I saw your post, I considered replying. After the 6th time, I've finally decided to reply, but the response isn't going to be nearly as helpful now. A half-hearted attempt at "research" by simply bumping every top rated post based on a blind search of the word "steering" in every board on the forum is just tacky. It's actually a step below not doing any research as far as I'm concerned.

I also vehemently hate the mythical "equation treasure hunt," and will not do your math for you. If you can't figure it out from a free body diagram, then you can't figure it out. I won't do it for you. If you have a "doubt," you should ask another engineer, engineering professor, or engineering student to check your work. Ask someone who can look at the free body diagrams that you have made, and ask them if they make sense and check out. I don't catalog equations for these things, because in reality a list of equations, the main prize of the "equation treasure hunt," really just isn't that useful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey vkarmwar,

I'm willing to help after you hijacked half the threads on the forum with your doubt

NO! Its not that really important.....now go figure out why!

Sharath
    Ashwa Racing '07- Random guy
    Ashwa Racing '08-Procurement, Workshop Management
    Ashwa Racing '09- Chassis and Suspension Intern, Bodywork guy
    Ashwa Racing '10- Chassis lead, Suspension, Bodywork guy
    Ashwa Racing '11- Team Management

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast