+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Solidworks Formula SAE Tutorials

Hi,

that's fine I think we've only had the discs a week or so, so I'll wait a while longer. If nothing turns up in the next fortnight I'll get in touch.

Also, my name and school are in my sig.

Ed
    University of Glasgow BEng 2003-2007
    Oxford Brookes MSc 2007-2008
    University of Glasgow PhD 2009 - god knows when.....
    WORK ....
    --------------------------------------------
    Preliminary operational tests proved inconclusive.... It blew up when we flipped the switch

Hi All,

I recently did a video for the Baja series that will apply to almost everyone in FSAE too. It is about customizing the SolidWorks user interface. Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7KmjKWdR60

Thanks. It is quite hard to spot the new posts after the thread became a sticky.

Crazy Question Time:

So I have our frame complete in Solidworks using weldments. I want to create an itemized list that not only shows lengths, but also tube inner and outer diameters. I have lengths working using the typical weldments cut list in a drawing, but I am having trouble getting the IDs and ODs showing up.

Is there a way to do this using weldments? I really don't want to list it out on 80 tubes by hand and it seems like I'm just missing something simple.

Thanks,
    Ben

Originally posted by Ben Kolodner:
    Crazy Question Time:

So I have our frame complete in Solidworks using weldments. I want to create an itemized list that not only shows lengths, but also tube inner and outer diameters. I have lengths working using the typical weldments cut list in a drawing, but I am having trouble getting the IDs and ODs showing up.

Is there a way to do this using weldments? I really don't want to list it out on 80 tubes by hand and it seems like I'm just missing something simple.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Hello Ben,

Yes there is a way you can list it in your Weldements Cut List. I am assuming as default, your table is showing (from left column to right): Item Number, Quantity, Description, and Length. What I did to get an entry for the tube size (OD x wall thickness), since I didn't need the "Description" column, or Column C, I clicked where it shows "C" and you should have a sidebar pop up for column properties. Make sure "Cut List Item Property" is selected, and then under the drop down menu, select "Title." Then click the green check mark.

This did the trick for me. Depending how you have your weldment profile files named in your tube profiles folder, you should have the tube sizes listed (i.e. 1" OD x 0.035"). When I name my weldment profile file, I always name it by the OD followed by the wall thickness. If you prefer to have it in the format you mentioned (OD followed by ID), then just save your weldment profile file as the corresponding tube size.

If you have any problems feel free to message me or reply back on here. I hope my explanation was clear enough.

Sorry to bring this thread back to the top, but I was wondering what the most up-to-date way of obtaining the USB and SolidWorks Tutorials. I looked around the SolidWorks website and emailed the Solidworks FSAE Tutorials poster, but I have not been able to hear or find anymore information about it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by CowBoix316:
    Sorry to bring this thread back to the top, but I was wondering what the most up-to-date way of obtaining the USB and SolidWorks Tutorials. I looked around the SolidWorks website and emailed the Solidworks FSAE Tutorials poster, but I have not been able to hear or find anymore information about it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    I think you get it once you get sponsored by Solidworks. Maybe apply for the next year?

Ben

Please send me an email with your shipping address. I can send you a USB with the tutorials on them.

Thanks,
    Chris Morse
    Education Sponsorship Events Manager
    DS SolidWorks Corp.

christine.morse@3ds.com

How can we perform dynamic impact analysis (drop test) of FSAE and BAJA frames in SOLIDWORKS.

are there any tutorial videos or documents which would help in performing these test.

Because
    When I try to perform drop test on my SAE BAJA frame the software always gives error about meshing failed and the test terminates.

I'm currently in China and cannot access Youtube, is there perhaps other resources for this Solidworks Formula SAE tutorial (e.g.: direct link, pdf, etc.)?

I would really really like to check it out.

thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7