+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Solidworks Formula SAE Tutorials

BMH and RollingCamel,

You should just fill out the online sponsorship form again. There is no issue with requesting software now and then installing it later. That way, you will have a new version in storage when your current one expires.

Software has started shipping out, and the FSAE specific tutorials will be there a few weeks later. We are still waiting for all the material to arrive.

We've just received parcel, but there is no USB in the parcel.
    May we get the zipped curriculum file via internet?
    KOOKMIN RACING '09 Aerodynamicist

KOOKMIN RACING '11 Presenter

Kookmin University

Jeong-neon Kim,

The USB drive will be arriving seperately a little later

I posted one more video on how to model an exhaust system:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded

For the moment, this will be the final video in the FSAE series. We will now start doing some similar videos for Baja. If you have a Baja team at your school, make sure to tell them. Hope you all have enjoyed the videos. I have gotten a lot of great feedback and questions from eveyrone here over the last year. Thank you!

The latest video on sponsorship information is also posted: http://www.youtube.com/solidworks#p/u/0/c6ndevlkE-0

Originally posted by Solidworks FSAE Tutorials:
    BMH and RollingCamel,

You should just fill out the online sponsorship form again. There is no issue with requesting software now and then installing it later. That way, you will have a new version in storage when your current one expires.

Software has started shipping out, and the FSAE specific tutorials will be there a few weeks later. We are still waiting for all the material to arrive.
    Hello, we were lucky to meet Solidworks personnel at FSG and they supplied us with the data.

We are going to apply for the new edition but we are currently restructuring our team.
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

Just received the materials on Wednesday and I cannot say enough good things about it. Included are several tutorials, a 195-page textbook, and lesson plans tailored for students and/or faculty. Not only is the material clear and concise, but the way in which each lesson follows a typical FSAE design problem is amazing.

Thank you very much to Solidworks, especially to the people over there organizing this level of educational outreach. I thought the youtube videos were great, but this next step is really somethin'.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

I just realized that our exhaust video wasn't working properly. Here is the link again, should be working right.

Also we have started the Baja series of tutorials. This is the first one here:

If you enjoyed the FSAE ones, please tell the Baja teams at your schools about the new set of tutorials we are making for them.

Just curious, how long does it take for the solidworks sponsorship package to come in from the time you apply for sponsorship to the time you actually get the software?

Hi,

does anyone know how long it should take for the extra curriculum book/usb to arrive after receiving the program discs?

Thanks

Ed
    University of Glasgow BEng 2003-2007
    Oxford Brookes MSc 2007-2008
    University of Glasgow PhD 2009 - god knows when.....
    WORK ....
    --------------------------------------------
    Preliminary operational tests proved inconclusive.... It blew up when we flipped the switch

If you send me a private message with your name and school I can find out if your sponsorship package has shipped yet or not.

Also, sometimes the USB drives are shipped seperately and can take several weeks to arrive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast