+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Solidworks Formula SAE Tutorials

Looks fantastic, what spec machines are you guys rendering on? We have 3.0GHz duel core machines with 4gb ram each but whenever I go for a render of the full car solidworks tends to crash claiming that it cannot obtain enough memory. Any ideas? It can do it sometimes if you make everything lightweight and remove lots of little parts...
    Sam Burt
    Driveline Control
    Jaguar Land Rover

Originally posted by SamB:
    Looks fantastic, what spec machines are you guys rendering on? We have 3.0GHz duel core machines with 4gb ram each but whenever I go for a render of the full car solidworks tends to crash claiming that it cannot obtain enough memory. Any ideas? It can do it sometimes if you make everything lightweight and remove lots of little parts...
    I rendered them on my personal computer.

Intel Core i7 920 quad core
    6GB ram
    With 64bit windows to take advantage of the extra ram.

It takes about 2.5 min to do the images above in high quality 1920x1200 resolution. The high resolution versions can be found on our team website linked in my sig.

Hey Everyone,

Here is the latest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcwRGiBoX3U

In it, I cover a few random tips and tricks that didn't seem to fit in anywhere else. Specifically:

1. Changing the Standard Views
    2. Using the Description Property
    3. The "Pack and Go" Feature

As always, let me know what you think.

Hey Everyone,

Here is the latest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8dKweEt1OQ

It is part one of a video on using surfaces to create body work

Another useful tute! Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cheers

plohl

Originally posted by t21jj:
    Thanks it took me some time to figure out how to get the correct paint scheme onto the model. And even longer for a work around to get decals onto the model that photoview would render.!
    Hi t21jj,

would you mind sharing that work-around? I've already set the appearances in Photoview and would rather not spend another day doing it Photoworks too.

Cheers,
    Simon
    ----------------------------------------
    Powertrain Research Student 2010-2013

Team Principal 2009-2010
    Engine Development 2008-2009
    Brunel Racing

Originally posted by Simon Dingle:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t21jj:
    Thanks it took me some time to figure out how to get the correct paint scheme onto the model. And even longer for a work around to get decals onto the model that photoview would render.!
    Hi t21jj,

would you mind sharing that work-around? I've already set the appearances in Photoview and would rather not spend another day doing it Photoworks too.

Cheers, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have a Private Message.

HI,

Is there any video regarding the design of the fuel system? Please let me know, if you have any material that can help me design the Fuel System.

Hi Everyone,

Previously, there had been requests to create an e-book that collects all of the information in these tutorials. I am happy to say that SolidWorks will be making something similar available to all sponsored SAE teams!

Over the past few months, we have put together a curriculum for teaching students some important skills for designing an SAE vehicle.

A 5 minute video overview is located here: SolidWorks Teacher Blog
    Or here is a direct link to the YouTube video: YouTube Video

Major topics of interest to SAE teams are:
    -Working with assemblies, incontext parts, and how to use the "Pack and Go" feature to share models
    -Modeling a frame using weldments
    -Creating molds using SolidWorks Mold Tools
    -Performing a torsional rigidity analysis on a frame (Definitely the most requested tutorial!)
    -Analyzing air flow through an intake
    -Thermal analysis of a brake rotor

For teams sponsored by SolidWorks and receiving 2010 student edition, well be providing a link to parts for these tutorials and a complete PDF guide.

I hope you all enjoy it!

-Steve
    sfaulkner (at) solidworks.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast