+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Solidworks Formula SAE Tutorials

Would it be possible to have some of these tutorials in the form of literature and get a PDF/eBook going?

Here is the latest video covering fatigue analysis on SolidWorks simulation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUyIm-w9YAo&fmt=22

@BMH We are definitely looking at doing that. I can't say for sure what the final result will be, but something is in the works.

Is there a whitepaper detailing the fatigue solution methods so that this can be compared to other packages?

Chris, here is a start:

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/d...eAnalysis_WP_ENG.pdf

I'll contact the simulation team and see if they can provide any more information

I think one of the more challenging aspects of CAD in FSAE development is good exhaust design. Getting the right cylinder pairs, weaving the tubes through the chassis given standard bend radii and keeping close to constant lengths among the exhaust routes.

Would be interesting to see how the official SW crew go about that.

I think one of the more challenging aspects of CAD in FSAE development is good exhaust design. Getting the right cylinder pairs, weaving the tubes through the chassis given standard bend radii and keeping close to constant lengths among the exhaust routes.

+1
    --------------------------------
    Prototype Sports Car Design Blog

Miami University FSAE Chassis Team 2005-2007
    Miami University FSAE Suspension Leader 2007-2008

Originally posted by alumasteel:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think one of the more challenging aspects of CAD in FSAE development is good exhaust design. Getting the right cylinder pairs, weaving the tubes through the chassis given standard bend radii and keeping close to constant lengths among the exhaust routes.

+1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1000
    SAE @ University of Central Florida

Random 08-09
    Team Leader 09-10
    Electrical Lead 10-11
    Electrical Lead 11-12

Use a sweep. Just set up equations the control the lengths and use linked values for the radii to keep them all the same. From there it's just a matter of routing it through the chassis with 3D sketches.
    Billy Wight
    University of California, San Diego - Formula SAE 2004-2006

Originally posted by billywight:
    Use a sweep. Just set up equations the control the lengths and use linked values for the radii to keep them all the same. From there it's just a matter of routing it through the chassis with 3D sketches.
    Easier said than done, though I've managed to get it to work like that.

At least the last time I tried it... the 3D sketches got very touchy at times.

"Allright.. now I just gotta make these two tangent... FUCK! It looped out to infinity and back on itself again!" After a significant amount of screwing around you could usually get it to work, but no matter what it took a fair amount of time.

I kinda think it would be nice if you could "move with triad" on sketch points or entities in 3D sketches. There are times when entering the X,Y,Z co-ordinates doesn't do anything.

I kinda think it would be nice if you could "move with triad" on sketch points or entities in 3D sketches.
    Right click on the point and select "Show Sketcher Triad"
    Billy Wight
    University of California, San Diego - Formula SAE 2004-2006

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast