+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fox College Sports

Over the summer Mississippi State University participated in an event sponsored by Fox college sports. Supposedly its going to air sometime in the coming months. In the meantime, they have now posted up a short clip of what we shot that day. I thought it was pretty cool that FSAE is going to get some TV time.

Check it out

h t t p : / / w w w . youtube .com/watch?v=K8NGJrX8xHU
    --Dash Robinson
    --Mississippi State University

Over the summer Mississippi State University participated in an event sponsored by Fox college sports. Supposedly its going to air sometime in the coming months. In the meantime, they have now posted up a short clip of what we shot that day. I thought it was pretty cool that FSAE is going to get some TV time.

Check it out

h t t p : / / w w w . youtube .com/watch?v=K8NGJrX8xHU
    --Dash Robinson

Awesome!

Did Fox first approach the teams, did the teams approach Fox, or did the Fox approach the universities and they chose to feature their formula teams?
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

Fox approached the Universities, we were notified in early summer about doing the event, which took place around the middle of summer. They wanted to do college rivals, and I think whomever Clemson's rival was couldn't do the event, so we got picked as a close contender.
    The event was great! Clemson was very friendly, and I think that other than a few team members almost getting heat stroke, the event went amazing. Certainly will be waiting to see more from this.
    --Dash Robinson

I love how badly I sound on TV. Country twang FTW!!!

In all reality it was a great weekend, and other than loosing to a good Clemson team, it couldn't have gone smoother. They really tried to build up a rivalry, so we gave them a little bit with comments and such. I hope this can help draw attention to FSAE in the US!!

There is supposed to be a full series of these coming out soon. I know that there are others that are involved if they would like to weigh in. Hope you enjoyed it!!

One of the best TV productions I've seen on FSAE, although it didn't go very deep on the engineering side of things, it was quite entertaining!
    KTH Racing '03-'08
    Dartmouth Formula Racing '07

Yeah... They are all about the entertainment though. I don't think anyone there asked us much of anything about the car, except of how fast will it go :P
    --Dash Robinson

This looks awesome. I figured the autocross track would have been a lot bigger though.
    Zips Racing 2008-2011

"Simplify, then add lightness" - Colin Chapman

yeah, the course was very small and extremely rough. At one point, the car bounced around so hard that the tire unseated from the rim. It was during an NHRA sanctioned event so the parking lot was pretty full, and made it hard to add to the course. It was difficult, but we really can't complain, especially since they gave us $2k just for showing!!!

Yep, to add the Clemson perspective, we had a great time (minus the heat!) and really enjoyed the event. Started out the day being unsure how it was actually going to turn out, but I think they did a great job with it. Hopefully it will become a yearly tradition!

~Michelle
    Clemson Formula SAE

+ Reply to Thread