+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UWA Motorsport 2011 Vehicle Launch

Hi everyone, UWA Motorsport held their 2011 vehicle launch on Thursday night (24th) with a good turnout both from sponsors and team alumni, the night went well with speeches from both myself and the faculty adviser, only problem now is what to do with all the leftover beer!

The album can be found on our facebook page here

a few below;

ex-UWA Motorsport

General team member 2013-15, Vehicle Dynamics Team Lead 2012
    Project Manager 2011, Powertrain minion 2009/10

Really good-looking car there again! Same suspension principles? (lower 1-piece flex-a-arms and Kinetik dampers?) Seems that some serous aerodynamic work has been done..Really interesting undertray (especially in the front) and I wonder if the exhaust placement plays some role in overall downforce figures....

Beautiful car.

I hope the decibel meters are lenient in oz. There was a certain team at FSAE West this year that had to fabricate a bosozoku pipe to distance the mic from their diffuser. Should hot gasses somehow make their way to the bottom side of the tunnels, it looks like there's plenty of muffler volume to attenuate sound waves before the remaining ones bounce off the pavement and into the decibel meter mic.
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

Nick,
    A very nice looking car from UWA again.

But I hope that you have taken into account the "Western Australia Rule", namely B.2.5, so that Luigi Deluca doesn't make you spoil the pretty bodywork!

Good luck to all at the FSAE-A competition and keep it safe.

Quite aesthetic choosing the body colors to match the tires (themselves an excellent choice).
    Colorado FSAE | '05 - '07
    Goodyear Tire & Rubber | '07 - '11
    NASCAR Engineer | '11 - ??

Thanks for the kind words guys!
    @mech5496 we are still using Kinetics and flexures, there has been a huge push by our new aero team this year to get the floor (and wheel farings) done, I don't think we planned for the exhust to have an effect on downforce, though I may just be ignorant..

@Mbirt we are not really expecting to have trouble with noise, longer mufflers and a little forethought will be on our side this time around.

Michael what concerns you about rule B2.5? The car is quite uncluttered when the bodywork comes off, so I am not too worried about any difficulties in showing tech inspectors.

Looking forward to driving it now at comp!
    ex-UWA Motorsport

Nick,
    I hope the "removable bodywork" includes some around the engine area! On some previous UWA cars there were no removable panels around the rear of the car, which made inspection very, very difficult. Hence the nickname for the rule!

Sorry I didn't realise that you couldn't see the transition! We have removable pods and the rear engine cover, the engine area has quite good visability due to the time Pete spent on doing the heatshields.
    ex-UWA Motorsport

Love the view from top although its not here
    Ashwa Racing '07- Random guy
    Ashwa Racing '08-Procurement, Workshop Management
    Ashwa Racing '09- Chassis and Suspension Intern, Bodywork guy
    Ashwa Racing '10- Chassis lead, Suspension, Bodywork guy
    Ashwa Racing '11- Team Management

+ Reply to Thread