+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car rentals in Pontiac for Under 25 Age

Hopefully someone else has done the legwork on this question already and can point me in the right direction. Anyone find a car rental agency in the Pontiac area that will rent to under 25 adults?

Thanks

I can't find a link or info online easily, but a few years back I rented a car in Detroit when I was 22, and from what I remember there is a law in Michigan that any car rental agency must rent to anyone over 21. There is a surcharge though. I think I rented from Avis.
    mmmm..... Garlic.

Cool, I'd call places right now, but everything is closed, they all seem to close early on Sundays anyway. Some of these places charge an excess of 100 bucks a day for under 25 drivers, which is ridiculous.

If anyone else knows please chime in. Trying to get a car for my gf who's coming to comp with me....

try dollar.com ... they usually charge 20+ for you guys under 25.

I remember being charged underage fees when i was an undergrad, but i had one of those Student Advantage card, so they waived the fee.

check out student advantage card, maybe they still have those. It's only 20 dollars to register and get the card, last for a year.
    RiNaZ

I got two rental cars for our team this year. I got one from Avis and one from Enterprise. Avis had a better deal if all of the drivers were over 25. Avis will not let anyone younger than 25 years old drive the car.

Enterprise charges an additional $25 per day to add a driver who is not 25 years old. I think that you may still have to be at least 21 years old but I'm not sure. Kind of a steep fee but we didn't have much choice.

Maybe you could try these guys.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

Thanks guys for the advice, first stop will be the exotic rental place for a big humvee for my tiny girlfriend. She probably will look right at home though.

Its time for the local Detroit team members to step up and show their hospitality. They must have cars..... How about some free loaners guys.... dont worry we dont like to rip around and drive the crap out of cars... racing is no fun... well get it back to ya in great shape
    Cheers

-Some people need to get an ice-cream sandwich,
    -Cement Legs needs to get an ice-cream sandwich

Check out your SAE benefits. As a member you receive dscounts at various hotels and I think there is at least one car rental place that has an SAE price.

+ Reply to Thread