+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Autocross Weekend 2006

UTA will be hosting the 6th annual "Texas Autocross Weekend" on 22 and 23 July 2006. The original intent was for Texas and Oklahoma schools to get together, but it has grown to an almost national event with schools from Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Ohio, Canada, Alabama, etc. joining us for a weekend of pure FSAE.

The venue is an open house Friday afternoon at the UTA shop to view our fleet of 19 cars (last chance to see them all together) and to do any last minute repairs. Friday night we will have a social at my house to view videos and play games. Saturday will be a practice at UTA's big lot with a FSAE course in the morning and a SCCA course in the afternoon. On Sunday, we will attend the Texas Region's monthly autocross dubbed the "Carroll Smith Memorial" event in honor of Carroll and FSAE.

Saturday's driving is open to anyone. SCCA will allow 3 or 4 drivers per car on Sunday.

Please e-mail me directly if you intend to attend.

-Dr. Bob Woods

UTA will be hosting the 6th annual "Texas Autocross Weekend" on 22 and 23 July 2006. The original intent was for Texas and Oklahoma schools to get together, but it has grown to an almost national event with schools from Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Ohio, Canada, Alabama, etc. joining us for a weekend of pure FSAE.

The venue is an open house Friday afternoon at the UTA shop to view our fleet of 19 cars (last chance to see them all together) and to do any last minute repairs. Friday night we will have a social at my house to view videos and play games. Saturday will be a practice at UTA's big lot with a FSAE course in the morning and a SCCA course in the afternoon. On Sunday, we will attend the Texas Region's monthly autocross dubbed the "Carroll Smith Memorial" event in honor of Carroll and FSAE.

Saturday's driving is open to anyone. SCCA will allow 3 or 4 drivers per car on Sunday.

Please e-mail me directly if you intend to attend.

-Dr. Bob Woods

I got KU covered. We are so there
    Erich Ohlde
    Jayhawk Motorsports
    FSAE 04 - 09

All electrical components and wiring harnesses depend on proper circuit functioning, which is the transmission of charged ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". Smo

Yeah dude like totally sweet

LSU will try and be there since we all have jobs in either houston or dallas.

Count Cincy in for at least two cars...Hopefully the Buckeye boys and the Zips won't balk this time!
    B.J. Stoney
    Bearcat Motorsports Alumni '02-'07
    University of Cincinnati
    benjamin.stoney@gmail.com

you know Oklahoma will be there. we'll bring one maybe two cars, depending on how many engines we can destroy in the meantime.
    University of Oklahoma alum
    Sooner Racing team...sae.ou.edu
    " I see no point in being the richest man in the cemetery."
    "Bail!! Bail!!"

UT will be there with two, possibly three cars.
    Looking forward to it!
    Travis Rouse - Test Pilot - The University of Texas (Austin)
    http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...s/fsae_sig.jpg

I will definitely be there. *grins* A challenge has been laid. Any who have been to this event in the past should post a little something on what people can expect out of this. Hopefully it will run typical autocross style with 2 or 3 cars on course at a time (depending on course design). It's a good experience, and who knows, you might learn a thing or two from one of the other teams there.

Anyone else have anything to add?
    - Erick

FSAE ('99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04 '05 pit stop '07)
    FSAE Australasia '00
    FSAE Japan '04

yeah, 06 will whoop the snot out of 05!!!! that IS a challenge...
    UTA Racing
    Team Captain '06

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast