+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What kind of bike do you ride? (Pedal power included...)

did somebody mention bikes?

I have a Giant TCR One road bike, Ultegra groupo, ISM saddle, Profile Design aero bars (I use it for triathlons and such, no real road racing yet)

Also have a Wheeler hardtail MTB. Bought this years ago to commute on and now I take it into the forest every weekend and give it a bit of a hiding. Has held up remarkably well but I'm looking to upgrade it soon (might go for a full suspension bike if I'm feeling rich)

Also have a 1991 ZXR250, it's one of the old Japanese IL4 250 sportsbikes, quite fun to ring it out to 19,000rpm but pretty gutless and a bit on the small side...

just as well I also have an '03 CBR600RR. Relatively standard, just has a Two Brothers exhaust system and a bit of a tail tidy. I love this bike, so much fun to ride, relatively sedate at low RPM but a real monster when you thrash it.

I like bikes
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

My Babies

Mountain - specialized Stump Jumper Comp (shattered my wrist on that one a few years ago)
    Road - Avanti Vivace (up graded the shifters and brakes, it goes ok)
    Motorbike - BMW S1000RR (Akraprovic exhaust on already, lots more mods to come)
    Matthew Chapman

ADFA Racing
    UNSW@ADFA
    2006-2011

This is my bike!! I just love to ride this:

Ahh ok, I'll go:

(edit* sorry about large image sizes)

MTB:
    1 - Lahar M9, one of not many in existence... Fox 40s, DHX5, Avid brakes, Mavic rims, Rohloff gearhub.

2 - Specialized Big Hit, 02 or 03? My first DH bike. Now sporting a set of old Boxxer forks up front with a Mojo cartridge, Shimano gears.
    3 - Craftworks S1, set of RC2 888's, Manitou Swinger shock, old Hayes brakes & Shimano.

Moto:
    1 - CRF50, '03, BMX bars conversion with custom top triple clamp, custom exhaust and a unipod filter. Sounds about 10 times as mean as it actually is.
    2 - RM250, '00, old faithful! ported, exhaust, re-valved suspension, lighting coil, rec-registered, rebuilt just about everything on the bike at least once. Planned electronic controlled power valve mod, and after recently borrowing a bike for my first 2 day desert ride looking at options for long range fuel tanks. Had this bike for a long time now, and while she aint the most comfortable or easiest bike to ride all day, when I get in the groove and the tunnel vision closes in on the track ahead - it's hard to beat that feeling. (now I want to go for a ride...)
    3 - SV650, '09, currently stripped for uni project, bought it with a wrecked front end, plan is to fix it up after the project and ride it for a bit - only problem is I don't own any roadie gear.

Dazz, do you ride out at the you-yangs being from deakin? I'm guessing yes, if not, get on that...
    Matthew Chapman

ADFA Racing
    UNSW@ADFA
    2006-2011

Originally posted by Chapo:
    Dazz, do you ride out at the you-yangs being from deakin? I'm guessing yes, if not, get on that...
    Hey Chapo, yeah raced the Youies a few times on the DH bikes. But haven't been out there in a few years. Unfortunately the DH bikes are gathering a bit of dust, I’ve been meaning to clean up the Spec & Crafty to sell them for ages but haven’t gotten around to it. The Lahar is a bit special as it is so rare – I think I’ll hang on to it for the 1 or 2 times a year I do get out for a bit of DH. I actually feel a lot safer on the dirt bikes… Raced DH all over Vic, and also been to Hobart, Coffs Harbour and Thredbo for races, but I wrecked my knee at a National round in Tassie a few years ago and have only raced once since then. Youies have only just reopened after being closed for ages from flood damage, if you jump on the rotorburn website there’s a few pics of guys riding the new tracks.

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4