+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What kind of bike do you ride? (Pedal power included...)

I roll in on this. Brake cable just snapped, left pedal snapped off, replaced with one from an on-campus derelict. And it's older than I am.

Have plans to mount a weed-eater motor on it for motor assist.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

1997 Yamaha YZF 1000
    [img] [/IMG]
    Nick Gilkey
    2005-Present
    Co-Captian
    University of Louisville

2 strokes
    1976 yamaha rd350
    street ported
    chambered
    fibre reeds

1983 yamaha rd350 air cooled
    1981 rd350 liguid cooled
    yamaha dt125 motor mounted on hand crafted chassis

4 stroke
    crf450 motor mounted on hand crafted chassis
    bsa a10 golden flash 1953
    triumph speed twin 1983
    yamaha xs400
    kawa z250
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/61982590@N07/
    Well, the one two posts ago was stolen, after a marginally successful temporary motor conversion.

I've upgraded a bit: It's an economy bike, but it will keep up with my brother's Airborne on the singletracks and has been rock solid reliable for over 800 miles.

Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

It's a Motocross! a bicycle motocross...

Now I just need some spare time to ride it...

And I've got Argon18 bikes all around me, i'm doing an internship there, it's weird the first time you lift a sub 1kg carbon frame! All I can say that there is very interesting stuff coming in for 2012!
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::
    2007-2012 - Suspension, chassis, and stuff (mostly stuff)
    Université de Sherbrooke

I ride a Discovery Channel ed Trek 1000.
    Carlos Vargas
    Florida Tech FSAE

1999 F4. Kinda hard to see, but right under my girlfriend's tushy is our Formula-Hybrid team logo. For marketing porpoises.

I'm moving across the country in July and hoping to get a newer (2008-2010) 600RR out there if anyone has a heads up.[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

Just curious if anyone may measure the clearance from the crank arm to sprocket. This thread made me uncover my bike, but it has a couple of problems.

1. Needs heavy cleaning and lubrication.

2. The bicycle was left for years standing on it's deflated wheels so the tires' sidewalls are damaged.

3. A newly taught driver hit me while waving her arms around to move out of the way...so the crank arm is slightly bent and the sprocket shaft is slightly bent too. Can work but the front derailleur was bent several time being caught into my pants or shorts. I'm trying to fix it and adjust it but at the biggest gear the crank arm rubs into it. Btw, could anyone check the width between the inner and outer derailleur cage?

4. Rear wheel is not centered well because of mistakes I did while fiddling with it years ago.

5. The plastic mounts of the fenders has fatigued and one broke so I need to get new fenders.
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

Wow, there are some pretty nice toys in this thread.

I'm a huge road/XC guy. Sadly, I don't have any good pictures of my road bike. Its a Colnago Dream with a carbon Flash fork and full Dura Ace groupset. My XC rig is a Titus Racer X with lots of XT/XTR goodness, Crossmax wheels, Avid Black-Ops, etc.
    Jim
    "Old guy #1" at UCONN Racing

Pedal power for ever!

The road bike is a very old steel frame SAB with Shimano 105 mounted on the frame. Not a fantastic bike but you don't need a fantastic bike to climb the Dolomites.

The MTB is a hardtail alu frame Merida.

The very last entry is an alu frame road Moser mounting a Campagnolo group. So new that I haven't find time to ride it, yet!
    Lorenzo Pessa

D-Team UniPisa (alumni of E-Team - Università di Pisa)
    FSG & FSAE-I 2009-2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast