<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M. Nader:
Well, our original plan was to work as you guys recommend and start of with a Matlab/Simulink simulation and keep expanding as we know more, the thing is that we are quite late to start in this and we are already starting to finish our designs and we need to work a bit more on the general vehicle dynamics so that is what got me to start asking around for already made programs to model our vehicle in.

We still have enough time to start coding in Matlab though, i don't think it will be a problem just yet as we already have near accurate suspension kinematics from optimum K (we ran a ton of simulations) we just need to model the full system and test it. So i guess i will start working on it.

So why do i see other teams (some of the top 10 teams also) using Carsim and Vedyna to simulate their vehicles instead of just expanding their previous codes and simulations to improve them (there are a lot of posts on this forum asking on how to input tire data in these programs) if such simulation programs do not offer anything extra and their results as you say are not as accurate as i thought? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vedyna is legit stuff, especially when they describe their software by saying "Due to low computational times, up to ten times faster than real-time" lol.