+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Reverse Trike Project

Just though I'l post the latest design ramblings. I always think it's good to have visual refences to look at

That's starting to look quite like an Aptera... looks pretty neat though!

Yes very right you are! The Aptera is quite impressive too. I like it's looks, not everyone does.

But there is one significant, well two significant differences. I want a single driver car. I want FWD. Better cornering would be nice.

The EV form of the Aptera claims 300MPG 'equivelency', going up as the price of oil goes up.

In single driver form, whatever mileage they get, I can get better.

Still if I had the money(lots of it), I'ld love to buy one, simply to narrow it up into a single driver form just to see what it would do.

Thanks for the pic. I hope they win the AXP.

Originally posted by ArakLea:
    Yes very right you are! The Aptera is quite impressive too.
    ...Better cornering would be nice....
    The next generation of Aptera Suspension should be better.
    The (re)-designer is ex-FSAE (and a frequent contributor to this forum).
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

Oh Man! Cool!, not just cool.. Superb! Cudo's to him! It's realy nice to know that!

When I was just out of school, I would have put a torch in my butt and ran around naked to get a job like that! (only sort of kidding!)

I think they will likely go with 4wheels rather than lowering the CG. I prefer lower cg, just because I want to see a 3wheeler 'make it'.

This year I think they have the funding to make a DOT approved 4 wheeler. Funny how $4.50/g fuel can do that.

I had this note posted on a Cabinscooters discussion. Anyone at WWU know about it?

>I was driving in Fairhaven around 5:30 today (Wednesday July 16th), just
    south of Bellingham, WA and saw this great green 2F1R scooter -- looked like
    great aerodynamics, fully enclosed and definite motorcycle rear end.

We once worked together with those guys to manufacture our wishbones for our first car. Not quite a reversed trike but near to it

Dart racing? This is yours? I didn't relize there were two rear wheels, from the other images I saw of your vehicle. Now RWD makes a little more sense to me. Or is it?

I like seeing your design. I have posted your images in discussions elsewhere. What is the total weight, and is this a trackracing-only product?

BTW... for those who care, I have a 3d sketchup wireframe uploaded that is a close approximation to the Taddy that started this thread.

It's here http://sketchup.google.com/3dw...feddd51e&prevstart=0

Originally posted by ArakLea:
    Dart racing? This is yours? I didn't relize there were two rear wheels, from the other images I saw of your vehicle. Now RWD makes a little more sense to me. Or is it?

I like seeing your design. I have posted your images in discussions elsewhere. What is the total weight, and is this a trackracing-only product?
    Nonono, little missunderstanding. It's not our design It's called the Street Ray, manufactured by Preuss and styled by Colani. We only worked together with them two years ago in manufacturing our chromolly wishbones. This one is RWD and strett legal, look for it at:

http://www.street-ray.de/

It weighs 350kg, has a tubular steel frame and has a 1-cylinder Aprilia engine with 40hp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast