+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FSAE vehicle Plans

Hello friends, I am from Chile and I am facinate with this cars for a long time and this is time to start building my own FSAE car as a hobby...Pliz someone send me the plans of how to build one!! because I am not an enginner and I dont understand to many parts building (like the intake, and the gear shifter system, and many others) Pliz PLiz help me. Anything that you can contribute will be grateful.
    Thanks a lot
    Goodbye and sorry for my english jejeje

Hello friends, I am from Chile and I am facinate with this cars for a long time and this is time to start building my own FSAE car as a hobby...Pliz someone send me the plans of how to build one!! because I am not an enginner and I dont understand to many parts building (like the intake, and the gear shifter system, and many others) Pliz PLiz help me. Anything that you can contribute will be grateful.
    Thanks a lot
    Goodbye and sorry for my english jejeje

Perhaps this thread would belong more in the "wanted" section than the "for sale" section. Oh, well, it can't hurt to put in a sales pitch:-)

I am a mechanical engineering Ph.D. student finishing up the plans for my own personal FSAE car. At this points I have most components purchased or built except the chassis, and most of the design is complete. The first prototype should drive sometime later this summer. This project represents thousands of hours of thought, drawing, testing and finite element. I could always use some extra funding, and I would be willing to sell to you, or anyone, complete plans (solidworks models, wiring drawings, part numbers, etc) for $2500 US dollars. Please be aware that you will need at least an additional $10000 US dollars to buy the components and materials that are needed (and that is a bare minimum number with lots of Ebay purchasing and begging.) You would also need access to good manufacturing facilities... welding, milling, lathe-work, etc.

Additionally, you would be required to sign a document agreeing not to hold me liable if you build this thing and get hurt or worse.

Send me a private message and I will send you some pictures.

we are the new comer.We cant understand ,how to start the design work for making the fsae vehicle.can anybody suggest some design related website or books?

Books:

Race Car Vehicle Design, written by Miliken

Tune to Win, written by Smith

I don't know about other teams, but at our university any intellectual property resulting from design, invention, development, etc as part of our studies at university is wholly owned by the university. If other unis are the same, you'll have little chance of getting complete plans out of an FSAE team.
    --------------------------------------------
    Technical Director UARC 2007

http://formula-sae.adelaide.edu.au

Composites Guy, could you post some pictures here anyway? We'd all love to see it.
    I guess a lot of FSAE people dream about building their own car some day.....

Igor
    -----------
    On time, on budget or works.
    Pick two.

I am looking for some 3D models of only engine and Suspension for a car similar to this that I am working on for a school Project... I am wondering if anybody would be willing to provide me with such things. If they have them then what engine. This would be a great help as I looked online and found nothing really specific.

Thanks

Plans to build a FSAE car start here
    http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1.../m/72110779141

Reading and learning are free.
    Dan De Clute-Melancon
    Iowa State FSAE alumni
    Project Manager 03-04
    Engine Team Leader 02-03

+ Reply to Thread