+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Source for cast iron plate?

Anyone have a source for 3/16 or 1/4 cast iron plate for brake rotors? Tried all our usual source and came up empty.

Thanks
    JDF
    Tennessee Tech
    Golden Eagle Motorsports

Anyone have a source for 3/16 or 1/4 cast iron plate for brake rotors? Tried all our usual source and came up empty.

Thanks
    JDF
    Tennessee Tech
    Golden Eagle Motorsports

Brake rotors from junkyard. It's hard to find non-ventilated ones big enough, but a lot of trucks and older VW vanagons had them (9 or 10 inch?). All you have to do it turn them off the hub to fit.
    -Mike Waggoner

The older I get, the faster/harder working I was...

Give these guys a call. They might not have it but they have been great about calling around and finding anything we have asked them for.

Cd'A METALS
    3900 E Broadway
    Spokane WA 99202
    Office: 800-572-0516 or 509-535-6363
    FAX: 509-536-5415
    Sam Zimmerman

Vandals Racing alum

I looked around for a long time and found no results. Just buy solid round and saw or lathe it into disks.

Donavan Haidinger
    University of Wisconsin - Madison
    Buckingham

If your school had a foundry you could get a class to cast you some for free
    "A woman is a lot like a beer, they look good, smell good, and you would run over your own mother to get one." Homer Simpson

We have a lot of manufacturing and machining research in our department and we managed to source some off them.

Maybe if your uni has a materials and metalurgy department that might be worth a look?

Ben
    -

hahahahaha

thats a pretty good idea though, brain.

hehehe

[This message was edited by jack on March 24, 2004 at 12:56 AM.]
    jack
    College dropout extraordinaire
    (formerly WWU Rev-Hone Racing)

Brian, thats brilliant. You're acutally the third person to recomend that. As much as I'd like to try it out, I got some slices of Durabar coming in Friday, so we're set.

Thanks for all the suggestions
    JDF
    Tennessee Tech
    Golden Eagle Motorsports

+ Reply to Thread