+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the status of your vehicle?

Originally posted by Biggy72:
    I see a festo sticker on the side of your car. Do you guys actually use any of their parts anywhere? We are trying to use one of their fluidic muscles for our senior design project. It's sorting potatoes... but if everything works it will still be pretty cool.
    Yeah, we use their pistons and valves for our pneumatic shifter.
    Didier Beaudoin
    École Polytechnique de Montréal 2005-2008
    École nationale d'aérotechnique 2004

Didier,
    Nice clean looking car. Aprilia engine, too? But from the photo it looks as though your intake system is outside the envelope from the top of the main hoop to the rear tires. You should check it now and change it if necessary. Having the tech inspectors make you change it at the event is no fun.

didier,
    great looking car. its good to see you guys are coming to michigan, and that you're still using those dampers...we'll have to compare notes at competition.

John Valerio
    Queen's FSAE

Originally posted by Tech Guy:
    Didier,
    Nice clean looking car. Aprilia engine, too? But from the photo it looks as though your intake system is outside the envelope from the top of the main hoop to the rear tires. You should check it now and change it if necessary. Having the tech inspectors make you change it at the event is no fun.
    Yes, Aprilia engine. I agree it looks like the intake is out of the envelope from the picture, but it is in fact just inside. Don't worry, we have already checked this. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Originally posted by John Valerio:
    didier,
    great looking car. its good to see you guys are coming to michigan, and that you're still using those dampers...we'll have to compare notes at competition.
    We'll sure do! Our homemade data acquisition is finally working and we are going to use 4 linear pots as well as 12 IR temperature sensors. Should be an interesting bunch of data...

Thanks for the nice comments!
    Didier Beaudoin
    École Polytechnique de Montréal 2005-2008
    École nationale d'aérotechnique 2004

Back to the Helsinki Car

I think its a spacer to increase deck height to change rod to stroke ratio.

Great looking car guys
    Triumph Motorcycles
    Chassis Design Engineer

FSAE '05-08 UBRacing
    2008 Technical Director and Sprint/Endurance Driver
    2007 Powertrain Team Leader and Sprint/Endurance Driver

Re: scott_rfr's post (since it was me in the office telling him to put it up, without having read the thread), I agree with VFR750R (how can I ever disagree...). Looks like they are trying to increase the rod/stroke ratio. I feel silly now for not having read all the posts before. However, for that engine (non-removable bores/cylinders), it would sit on top of the existing bore, which I cannot recall seeing before. If you guys are pushing that hard to gain efficiency points, kudos, that is intense.

Yeah i had saw that the cylinders were non removable after i posted. I'm hoping i'm still right, just that the're planning on sleeving the assembly.

Along the same lines, its possible they're making room for more stroke, keeping the stock rods and shrinking the bore to keep displacement on target. Those almost square bore/stroke FZR's traditionally do very well in an fsae car.

Either way, it's alot of work to get the 1-2hp's hiding in there.
    'engine and turbo guy'
    Cornell 02-03

Our car is up and running!

Take a look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JJGdu_7myo
    John Grego
    2008 Suspension Lead
    Texas A&M University

Originally posted by John Grego:
    Our car is up and running!
    Were is the fire suit.... seriously, accidents happen, one of our guys ended up with 2nd degree burns on 15% of his body...
    KTH Racing '03-'08
    Dartmouth Formula Racing '07

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast