+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CNC Cut Tubes

I know that there have been a couple of threads lately touching on the topic of CNC steel-tube cutting. Could you guys post where (location/business name/contact info) you are getting the work done.

I know that there have been a couple of threads lately touching on the topic of CNC steel-tube cutting. Could you guys post where (location/business name/contact info) you are getting the work done.

Asking for a lot there...
    It's understandable that most teams will be reluctant to soil a relationship with their sponsor by telling the world about free services being offered out of generosity.

Having said that, all you really need is a 4 axis mill (not too hard to find if you live near a population center) and a very patient machinist.

We just had a new CNC plasma cutter donated to the school. Hopefully some company will be willing to donate an additional couple thousand so we can get the rotational third axis for it that the brochure says is specifically for cutting thin-walled tubing... We'll see...
    "It seems like engineers learn a hell of a lot of math just to drive a train..."

Sam Sather
    2008 Team Captain
    Miami University Redhawk Racing
    www.MiamiRedhawkRacing.com

I want to PAY your sponsor to cut tubes for a personal car that I'm building! I can only find one resource locally with a home-made cutter and home-made software that limits the types of cuts that can be made. I would gladly accept Private Messages if you don't want to reveal your source on the forums.

Near Philadelphia, but I'm willing to drive quite a ways...

+ Reply to Thread