+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE Michigan 2011 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More

Weather in Brooklyn, MI this week looks to put the highs around 75*F, lows around 55*F, chance of thunderstorms Wednesday and Thursday.

Last push for some, get those trailers loaded and let us know what is happening! Can't wait to see updates on another great competition at MIS!

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

Since you guys are hopefully all doing important prep work...

My Alum team Northwestern Formula Racing is supposed to roll the car out late tonight and miss traffic, best of luck NU!

Just about there for early registration with the University of Central Florida, in Ohio now ready to get out of these mini vans and into a proper bed tonight.

(New Dodge mini van got 34mpg @ 65mph for an entire tank drafting the Penske, still slower than the new KIAs though.)
    SAE @ University of Central Florida

Random 08-09
    Team Leader 09-10
    Electrical Lead 10-11
    Electrical Lead 11-12

Typing this from ghe front seat of a brand new f250 diesel... new car smell. We are crossing the michigan border, about an hour out. Goodluck to everybody! Hope to see everyone there
    Aces Racing - "I wanna go FAST"
    www.ueracing.com
    2011 - Lead Design - Frame and Suspension Lead

Spoke with my teammates with Global Formula Racing not long ago, and they seem pretty relaxed -- seeing our 2010 car on the FSAE Michigan shirts was a boost.

Facebook page with news

Twitter feed with news
    Communications
    Global Formula Racing
    '07-'11

Just a reminder to everybody ... please be safe on your trip and use proper vehicle for towing ...

http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/t...10022521#54610022521
    RiNaZ

Originally posted by RiNaZ:
    Just a reminder to everybody ... please be safe on your trip and use proper vehicle for towing ...

Good advice and everyone should get plenty of rest too. But please don't incorrectly imply that the tragedy you linked to was the result of improper procedure, because it wasn't. And it's not fair to the team to imply as such.

Hope everyone arrives safe to FSAE-MI, and we have another great competition.
    mmmm..... Garlic.

Glad to see an AL Monocoque back at competition...

Gorgeous thing

PS: I'm not there, taken from OB Twitter :P
    -----------------------------------
    Drivetrain Leader 07-08
    Technical Director 08-09
    Team FSAE USB - Caracas - Venezuela.

Originally posted by Garlic:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RiNaZ:

Good advice and everyone should get plenty of rest too. But please don't incorrectly imply that the tragedy you linked to was the result of improper procedure, because it wasn't. And it's not fair to the team to imply as such.

Hope everyone arrives safe to FSAE-MI, and we have another great competition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agreed.
    RiNaZ

GFR, TU FAST, TU Graz, Wisconsin, NU, UCONN and UF Gators are tweeting most of their updates.

So far:

--NU took out a possum with the tow vehicle on the way to comp.

--Oregon / GFR 1st through scrutineering Wed. 12 noon Weight 304 lbs

--TU Fast through tech, Weight 423 lbs

--Wisconsin Madison 325 lbs

--UF Through tilt, noise & brakes 10:40am Thurs 448 lbs

--UW Mad only through scrutineering 11am Thurs

--GFR got best design report award from Bosch

--TU Fast fails noise first pass 112dB, passes 11:58am w/ 109.6dB

--GFR Twitter n00b posts:
    ...We passed Tilt and are on to Noise and Break.
    then amends to....

Oops (Twitter amateur hour alert). Said we were on to "noise and break"...that should be "brake". We don't want breaking.......no.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast