+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Formula North 2012 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More

I noticed there was no official competition thread for Formula North, so here it is!

Kettering and USF practiced at Tony's I-75 Restaurant in Birch Run, MI with a heaping plate of poutine Sunday night. The cars are running pretty well too. It's been a blast hosting them in our shop.

Does everyone have their 20L jerricans ready?
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

I noticed there was no official competition thread for Formula North, so here it is!

Kettering and USF practiced at Tony's I-75 Restaurant in Birch Run, MI with a heaping plate of poutine Sunday night. The cars are running pretty well too. It's been a blast hosting them in our shop.

Does everyone have their 20L jerricans ready?
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

Once again, Kettering forum users occupy almost half of the regsitered users logged on the week before competition. Weather is looking awesome for the upcoming days, as it has been around here the past 2 weeks. Good luck to all who will be attending North.
    Adam
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Kettering University, it's students and administrators, or our sponsors.

Anyone know why Maryland pulled out? I was hoping to see what that car can do.

-nick

patience, grasshopper
    ----
    Mike Cook
    It's an engineering competition, not an over-engineering competition!

Let me guess. Something like "well the aero and suspension are done and the cars gonna be a rocket, but that darn powertrain keeps overheating/blowing up/wont run". Its always powertrain isn't it?

Well we may become the first team to make Detroit and miss Lincoln. No seriously, we've got issues. See you there ; )

-nick

Well we could both find a really big hill and push our cars down that....

Or maybe just a god damn cliff.
    ----
    Mike Cook
    It's an engineering competition, not an over-engineering competition!

The views, opinions, and ideas expressed by AceDeuce802, AxelRipper, MCoach and MBirt are that of their own and in no way reflect those of Kettering FSAE or any of its parent affiliates or sponsors.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick roberts:
    Let me guess. Something like "well the aero and suspension are done and the cars gonna be a rocket, but that darn powertrain keeps overheating/blowing up/wont run". Its always powertrain isn't it?

Well we may become the first team to make Detroit and miss Lincoln. No seriously, we've got issues. See you there ; )

-nick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey, our car is gonna be running by the time we get back from our scouting/recon mission in Lincoln this weekend

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick roberts:

-nick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O ye of little faith...

Anyway, excited to see some pics from North!
    Jayhawk Motorsports - JMS12 Powertrain Alumni

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast