+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSAE-A 2012 Car Swap

Nick has already indicated that this year may be a two day affair. Have any other plans been made as yet?

I can confirm that the Auckland team will again be there though with car in tow (hopefully not literally!).

We are beginning to plan our trip so any other info would be awesome.

Chur.
    The University of Auckland Formula SAE Team

Team Leader [2012]
    Workshop Bitch [2011]
    Business Manager [2010]
    Business Bitch [2007 - 2009]

Nick has already indicated that this year may be a two day affair. Have any other plans been made as yet?

I can confirm that the Auckland team will again be there though with car in tow (hopefully not literally!).

We are beginning to plan our trip so any other info would be awesome.

Chur.
    The University of Auckland Formula SAE Team

Team Leader [2012]
    Workshop Bitch [2011]
    Business Manager [2010]
    Business Bitch [2007 - 2009]

I was the one who organised it last year, I'm happy for Monash to take control of it again this year unless someone else has offered to do it? As far as a two day affair, I haven't heard anything, I think one day would be enough, but we'll just have to be a bit more organised at the start of the day to try and get through as many drives as possible. Last time we wasted 2 hours before we actually started gaining momentum.

First off, what did everyone think of the location from last year? I know it was large, but I think the roll in, roll out worked quite well. Are people happy to keep it there? Again, a bit more organisation into cone marshals is required.

Also which teams are keen to come? The more the merrier.

As for a date, I think the Tuesday after comp works well, as it gives everyone a day to fix their cars/recover from the after party :P Given that comp is a lot earlier this year, surely it wont be too much to hang around for a couple extra days for the interstate teams?

Thoughts?
    Monash Motorsport

Suspension Section Manager 11
    Team Leader 12

I myself won't be there, but I'm glad to see that there is talk of doing it again. Haunted Hills - although slightly hard to marshal - was a great venue, and the event itself is not only a great chance to get a real feel for different design concepts, but also to hang out with a bit less pressure.

>Thoughts?

Getting started early - with maybe a basic track map discussed before arrival (and a plan for first aid?) would go along way to getting more runs in.

Pete,

-Ex UTS.

I only had a chance to visit briefly last year as we had to be back that afternoon for our flight, but I was really impressed with Haunted Hills, it was an amazing track.

As my email to you couple of days ago Marty, Curtin are planning to have our car at driver swap. We are just arranging our flights at the moment too to suit staying on so we can be there.
    Curtin Motorsport Team
    2011 - 2014

How would you all feel if we put on some extra events after FSAE finished? Maybe a half-day motorsports seminar / conference? Go-karting night? Make the most of the time you are over here in Melbourne. Just getting a feel for whether it would be worth our while making a bit more of a festival out of the whole thing. No promises, but we'd love to hear your ideas.
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

I like that idea a lot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ome extra events after FSAE finished? Maybe a half-day motorsports seminar / conference? Go-karting night? Make the most of the time you are over here in Melbourne. Just ge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be kinda awesome.
    Nathan Tarlinton
    UOW FSAE 2010 - 2013

RE: Swap day Haunted hills

I am of the opinion that one well-organised day should probably be enough.

Haunted hills is an awesome location.

UWA is planning to attend.

Tuesday is good.

Maybe some chalk or something to mark cone locations? Last year the track layout changed quite significantly over the course of the day.

Not sure if this was the case last year and people just got slack over the course of the day - but it might be an idea to clearly assign marshalling points to teams. So each team is responsible for ensuring their point/s has/have 2 marshalls and they are rotating the people throughout the day.

Look forward to it.
    Matt

UWA-Motorsport
    Project Manager 2012
    Grunt 2011

Haunted hills was amazing!

We probably should look at getting some flags to use for the event as with the track being so hilly it would be very much safer with the flags.

In reply to Geoff, FSAE after-events would be awesome, although plans would need to come out relatively soon so all out of state teams to organise their logistics.

a CAMS careers after FSAE seminar would be great although with students also planning to attend the claude (optimumG) seminar time will be tight but regardless interaction between the teams is great!
    ex-UWA Motorsport

General team member 2013-15, Vehicle Dynamics Team Lead 2012
    Project Manager 2011, Powertrain minion 2009/10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast