+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 UTSM FSAE-A pre-event

Hi everyone. Now that I'm working at the University as a faculty advisor to the UTS team, I thought it was time that some official pre-event testing was organised. From my own personal experience, getting together with other teams for some testing is the most productive way to prepare for your FSAE event. So I'm organising a pre-event in Sydney the week before this years FSAE-A event.

I have managed to secure access to a large skid-pan in Sydney and I'm planning on running a mock event to aid in preparation. Specifically, I have booked in access to the Nirimba Skidpan (large old runway in western sydney) for the 27th & 29th of November.

I will be running these days with mock event testing areas, so an autocross track similar to the Australian FSAE track, a skidpan and an acceleration run.

Timing will be stop watch based, and marshaling and event organisation will have to be a communal effort.

The guys at UTS are happy to open up our workshop for vehicle mods and work during this period, but I'm sure the other Sydney based teams would be willing to do the same.

I'm also looking for any Alumni keen to help as I'd really like to give every team the best possible chance of success at the event, and having a good amount of experienced fsae members at the test should help everyone.

Think of this as an event practice, but I'm sure everyone will be keen to help out each other as much as possible to make this years FSAE-A a success.

I figured the NSW & QLD teams would be most interested in taking part, but anyone is invited to come. Each car will have to pay to take part, but the more cars we get, the smaller the cost. I will require payment in advance, but there is plenty of time to work that out.

Is anyone interested?
    More details will follow once I get some feedback and numbers.
    Jon O'Neill

Advisor-UTS Motorsports, Sydney, Australia
    www.utsmotorsports.com

Hi everyone. Now that I'm working at the University as a faculty advisor to the UTS team, I thought it was time that some official pre-event testing was organised. From my own personal experience, getting together with other teams for some testing is the most productive way to prepare for your FSAE event. So I'm organising a pre-event in Sydney the week before this years FSAE-A event.

I have managed to secure access to a large skid-pan in Sydney and I'm planning on running a mock event to aid in preparation. Specifically, I have booked in access to the Nirimba Skidpan (large old runway in western sydney) for the 27th & 29th of November.

I will be running these days with mock event testing areas, so an autocross track similar to the Australian FSAE track, a skidpan and an acceleration run.

Timing will be stop watch based, and marshaling and event organisation will have to be a communal effort.

The guys at UTS are happy to open up our workshop for vehicle mods and work during this period, but I'm sure the other Sydney based teams would be willing to do the same.

I'm also looking for any Alumni keen to help as I'd really like to give every team the best possible chance of success at the event, and having a good amount of experienced fsae members at the test should help everyone.

Think of this as an event practice, but I'm sure everyone will be keen to help out each other as much as possible to make this years FSAE-A a success.

I figured the NSW & QLD teams would be most interested in taking part, but anyone is invited to come. Each car will have to pay to take part, but the more cars we get, the smaller the cost. I will require payment in advance, but there is plenty of time to work that out.

Is anyone interested?
    More details will follow once I get some feedback and numbers.
    Jon O'Neill

www.utsmotorsports.com

Ok, So we started a facebook event.

http://www.facebook.com/events/151845334948229/

We've added a rough event layout including a possible autocross track layout. We're trying to match the Australian FSAE event set up as much as we can, but being an old runway its not perfect. More slow speed corners to make the track a bit longer, but the lap times should be pretty much bang on. We still have time to change things though (4 months) so let me know what you think.

Also feel free to spread the event around to anyone who might be interested in coming or helping out. The event will run regardless of turnout or weather, but it would be nice to have as many cars as possible.

Thanks,
    Jon O'Neill

www.utsmotorsports.com

Great initiative Jon, we would love to get up there but will have to wait and see how late we run on the build due to the Europe comps this year. I really like the track design.
    Regards,

Scott Wordley

Scoring in every event for the last 12 comps running!
    http://www.monashmotorsport.com/

+ Reply to Thread