+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roll Axis effects!!

Hey guys, ive been trying to descifre this feature for our suspension.

Reading through the race car dynamics, i cannot sense a clear definition for it. I read that the inclination has different effects on handling, and the change of inclination during cornering may cause other things.

Can someone plz point me in the right direction? or give me any hints for the roll axis dynamics?

Thanks!!

Angelo S.
    Team FSAE UCV

Hey guys, ive been trying to descifre this feature for our suspension.

Reading through the race car dynamics, i cannot sense a clear definition for it. I read that the inclination has different effects on handling, and the change of inclination during cornering may cause other things.

Can someone plz point me in the right direction? or give me any hints for the roll axis dynamics?

Thanks!!

Angelo S.
    Team FSAE UCV

just put the cg in the ground plane

??? so, no one knows? ive seen several suspensionīs geometrys in Formula cars that have different nodes for the suspension, alowing the car to adjust its roll axis for dirrenet tracks i guess. This is crucial for our team, does anybody has a useful advice?

It's not that no one knows, it is that everyone knows!

Roll axis effects on handling have been discussed many, many times. The people who frequent these forums are tired of answering the same questions over and over.

Type "roll axis" into the "find" box and do a bit of reading. Come back with a well-formed question like "I believe when I lower the roll axis, x and y might happen." A good question is specific.

+ Reply to Thread