+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE 2006 Competition: Detroit - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More.

HI GAYS!
    I want to know 2006 results soon.
    Wath team win this year?

The University of South Florida finished endurance. It was pretty easy to tell where we were on track at all times as we had to be the loudest car out there. During endurance, myself and a teammate walked behind the motorhome on course and were instantly worried since we couldn't hear the car.

After we finished the endurance race, one of the event organizers informed us we were to go back to sound check, because the course workers had said our car was painful to listen to. We repassed sound, and even 1 dBa *lower* than when we first passed tech.
    Jerry Harding
    University of South Florida - Formula SAE
    Engine/Drivetrain

Originally posted by Dan G:
    I just uploaded a short dyno vid of Helsinki. 80hp, 55ftlbs. Check it out...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...78804867394813
    Dan, you missed the best run where the output was 87hp. I can scan it later if someone wants to see it.. Anyway, we've had some problems with the gt100. The mapping with gt100 back home wasn't correct with the gt100 at the event. But, that didn't affect much to the full throttle dyno run! At the track car wasn't running well.. Thanks to dynomite guys we got it better for endurance!
    Mikko Kataja

------------------------------------
    2003-2006
    Technical Manager /
    Engine Group Captain
    Helsinki Polytechnic Formula
    Engineering Team

Mikka,
    Tell Matti I am still waiting to see that elusive 100 horsepower.
    Seriously, good show! I'll catch you guys in Europe

Regards
    Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

I forgot where this team came from but what do you guys think of the tyre performance? that tyre is preeettty wide.
    RiNaZ

I forgot where this team came from but what do you guys think of the tyre performance? that tyre is preeettty wide.

RiNaZ

I seem to recall UNC-Charlotte was the team with the wide tires. I wanted to walk around all weekend and take some pictures, but I never had the time. Luckily, there was a guy in our crew who was able to take about 4 GB worth of pictures. I can't wait to see them all.
    Jerry Harding
    University of South Florida - Formula SAE
    Engine/Drivetrain

1st RMIT
    2nd Penn State
    3rd UMich-AA

I'll have a photo of the top 30ish teams overall up in a minute. They said they'd try to have the official results up on the sae.org site tomorrow.

Congrats! The top 3 show that light weight really pays off!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast