+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE 2006 Competition: Detroit - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More.

i think they loaded the cost scores into the presentation tab, but the scores on the presentation overall column i think are right
    Bret
    Windsor FSAE
    www.fsae.uwindsor.ca

Originally posted by Dr Claw:
    There's somethign fishy with those results.....

Does anyone else notice inconsistancies between the presentation score in the overall tab, and the actualy presentation result tab? am i seeing things??
    Yep. It looks like the "Presentation Results" sheet is just a copy of the Cost Results sheet.
    Chris Davin
    Cornell Racing
    Engine Team '02 '03 '04 '05

Not only the presentation results...... the endurance results were also changed, and this changed the overall results as well (Look at Akron for example).

Does anyone knows which results are correct?

Several people have mentioned tech was especially "thorough"ť. Can anyone be specific on what they were looking for? Safety wire? Harness angles? Thanks, just trying to get the ducks in a row for Fontana.
    jack
    College dropout extraordinaire
    (formerly WWU Rev-Hone Racing)

The tech judges actually made up a couple rules for us. one required us welding a gusset on the frame. Obviously, I couldn't tell you what they're gonna tell you to fix, just bring a welder and some patience. and maybe a second pair of welding gloves, it's not fun holding a gusset with your bare hands while someone else is welding it to the frame.

that would have gone much smoother if they had ADDED THAT TO THE RULES IN THE FIRST PLACE.

sorry...caps lock key got stuck.
    Matt Brown

I'm just wondering if there is a Rookie of the Year award and I anyone knew who received it.

Akron and Brown got the 4 minute penalty for using too much fuel, but just barely. They should have figured that out before the awards ceremony though. However, it has been in the rules for years.
    Greg Hartman
    Cessna Aircraft
    Mizzou Racing 2003-2006

one required us welding a gusset on the frame

same thing happened to us and a few other schools to my knowledge. I imagine it will be in the 2007 rules. I think they put the "2 thread rule" in for 2006 after harping on it in tech at the 2005 detriot event.

Bryan
    UMD 04-06

Originally posted by SoonerMatt:
    The tech judges actually made up a couple rules for us. one required us welding a gusset on the frame.
    Please, could you clarify what happened?
    Which was the judges request and what you had to do to pass the scrutineering?

Thank you
    Firenze Race Team V2
    http://www.firenzerace.too.it
    DUCATI POWER at the UniversitĂ* di Firenze

We had to put on a gusset too. What they want is the bar that your shoulder belts mount to, to not be able to bend. Make sure there is a support to prevent bending on this tube and you should be golden. I believe others were also having trouble with the support between the front hoop and bulkhead. Make sure to read through the rules to double check your compliance with them.
    Jim
    Michigan - Dearborn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast