+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE Michigan 2009 Competition: Pictures, stories & more.

Here are some pictures I have from the first day of MIS, I'll have plenty more tomorrow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/r...57618118708360/show/
    ======================
    2009 Electrical Group Leader
    Missouri S&T Racing
    http://fsae.mst.edu

Kick some ass, pirates!
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

Hey David,

Thanks for the pictures, great work. There seems to be a lot of the Cane Creek / Ohlins Double Barrels this year. I haven't spied any Drexler diffs yet though. There are some really nice looking cars there, nice and tidy ARB designs etc. Is Rob Woods old team competing? I am interested to see what they have done with their live axle concept. Hope the weather holds out for you guys.

Cheers

Olly

ACME Racing
    UNSW@ADFA
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

How many teams running the Aprillia this year?
    ---------------------------
    2006 QUT Motorsport - Manufacturing Manager
    2007 QUT Motorsport - Controversy Raiser
    2008 University of Waterloo Formula Motorsports - Exchange Student / Electrical Team Manager
    2009 The University of Adelaide Motorspo

Nice pictures, David. Some nice looking cars out there. Wish I could have made it out this year.

Any other Alumni out there feeling out of place for not scrambling/pulling all nighters followed by a road trip to Michigan? I have the panoramic pictures hanging over my desk at work and keep thinking that I'd rather be poor, stressed out and under-rested and at competition right now then behind my desk!

Good luck to all the teams!
    WPI Formula SAE team

I am going to enjoy being a spectator tomorrow....
    Finished @ UofT Racing
    2003-2007
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Brian, I second that feeling as an alum. I already told my boss today would be less productive because I'd be on the forum looking at pics. Another ex-fsae co-worker and I spent the morning reminiscing.

My school (Texas) isn't at MIS, hopefully they'll be making it to Cali.

Good luck to all! Looks like the weather is a little damp?

Originally posted by Brian Barnhill:
    Nice pictures, David. Some nice looking cars out there. Wish I could have made it out this year.

Any other Alumni out there feeling out of place for not scrambling/pulling all nighters followed by a road trip to Michigan? I have the panoramic pictures hanging over my desk at work and keep thinking that I'd rather be poor, stressed out and under-rested and at competition right now then behind my desk!

Good luck to all the teams!
    Not quite sure about rather being sleep deprived and depressed, but I do miss all the time spent working on the car. It seems like I've got too much free time anymore.

I will be at MIS though on Saturday. One of the beauties of living so close to Detroit.
    University of Cincinnati
    Alum -> 2003-2008

Originally posted by RacingManiac:
    I am going to enjoy being a spectator tomorrow....
    RacingManiac, are you leaving from Toronto? I'm leaving at 2h00 from Ajax. Maybe we could arrange something. Let me know. Can't wait to be there!

I think that since this year the awards ceremony, design finals and everything is wrapping up on Saturday night, everybody can afford to party much harder on Saturday night! It doesnt matter how you finish, you can afford to "celebrate" as much as you want on Saturday night.

I will never forget last year in East Lansing on Sunday morning before heading back to MIS for the awards ceremony. I roll out of bed, still feeling it from the night before, and walk into my living room to find Henk, the project manager from Delft sprawled out on my couch in the living room. I ask him "Henk, isnt your team in the design finals? Dont you need to be there?" Knowing that his team was already gone, his reply was "Eh, theyve got it under control." He ended up riding with me and my teammates back to MIS that morning. Talk about a crazy night!

If everybody wanted to get together somewhere Saturday night, East Lansing is a great place to "celebrate". Last year our team, Florida, and Delft had an awesome time in downtown EL. If people are interested and dont mind the drive, Ill put up my phone number and we can hit some bars.
    Powertrain Team Leader 06-08
    Michigan State University

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast