+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Formula Student Germany 2011 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More

Enjoying the live stream, but was very disappointed that after watching Auto-X for two hours, just before my team (Cornell) took to the track for their best runs, the footage stopped tracking the cars round the course and just showed one corner with an overlay of the live timing.

Sunday morning in Cali, watching FSG enduro. Such a nerd.
    Formula SAE: When you just can't get rid of a girlfriend.

In the FSG rules 10.2 is Tmax of Skid Pad 6,184. In Hockenheim (of course due to the "Wet Pad") Tmax was lifted to 7,173s.

But i can't find the rule change for that which hurts the points of the front runners heavily.

Did I miss something?

Yes, you missed the team briefing where it was announced that the scoring was changed

Regards,

Tobias
    Regards,

Tobias

Formula Student Germany
    FSE Rules & Organisation
    http://twitter.com/TobiasMic
    http://TobiasMic.Blogspot.com

Not many people know the difference between resolution and accuracy.

The livestream is very nice! If only we could have that for all the competitions.

Just saw RIT have a DNF. Not nice for the team. The car seamed fast on track.

Waking up here in the US and watching the live stream was incredible. Thanks for the Sunday morning entertainment, FSG!
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

I just heard from team members that RIT did finish endurance. What leads you to believe there was a DNF? I'm starved for info over here.

I watched the race, and I'm pretty sure I saw RIT finish endurance. Of the Final Four, only Oxford Brookes failed, and if I remember correctly, the only American team that I saw with a DNF was Cornell.
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Stewart-Haas Racing, Kettering University, or their employees, students, administrators or sponsors.

Maybe I was confused with another car. The camera was fixed and gived an overall view of the track. I saw some marshal pushing a car that I tought was RIT. My sound was off too so I was not listening the commentator. Sorry!

Thanks for the positive feedback.
    In general the internet live timing did also give information about DNF etc.
    I heard of many people putting the browser window with the live timing next to the browser window with the live stream to have the complete coverage

Any feedback about the layout of the information provided via the internet live timing would be appreciated.

We know that it was down during the final four. This happened because of just too many clients trying to view the timing. We rented a server in the amazon cloud services, but underestimated the number of viewers. We will fix this for next year.

Regards,

Tobias
    Regards,

Tobias

Formula Student Germany
    FSE Rules & Organisation
    http://twitter.com/TobiasMic
    http://TobiasMic.Blogspot.com

Not many people know the difference between resolution and accuracy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast