Thank you for all of the input guys, I really appreciate it.

I am trying to get a proposal together for the direction I would like to take this year’s car, and this diff choice is what I am stuck on. We just got back from Lincoln a few weeks ago with a car that has yet to move under its own power, as it struggled to pass sound and then the scavenge pump for the dry sump failed. This was the first time in four years that we did not complete every event. It seems that the few members we have left want to scrap this design completely and start over from scratch. They also want to do a 2 year build. I am trying to propose that we only slightly tweak last year’s design and spend a few months before competition testing and tuning. While we test and tune the 2014 car, I would like to start working on a fresh redesign for the 2015 season. We do not have many knowledgeable designers, but we have an adequate amount of good manufacturers, so I feel that this plan could work well for us.

Here are the specs of our 2013 car:
Weight: 491 lbs wet, half tank of fuel, 52% rear
Power: Most recent dyno run was 76 whp (CBR600F4i)
Aero: None, but we have an undertray that was developed, just needs to be made

Z,
From what you are saying, it sounds like our current Salisbury style diff would be great for what I want from our 2014 car. I feel that the Taylor Race MK2 will work well if we decide to make a small, single-cylinder car with aero for 2015, which is what I would like to do.

Not having to adapt the Taylor Race MK2 to our current design will save us a lot of time that we can use to develop other areas of the car or just test longer. I also feel that the design judges will appreciate an attempt to tune our diff as that was one of the things they called us out on.

For those of you suggesting cheaper diff alternatives, thank you, but we already have both of the diffs I am considering. However, I will look into some of these suggestions for the 2015 car.

Brian