+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oil catch can installation

i wanna ask about,oil catch can inlet and outlet??? (how can i attach my own catch can to engine )cbr600rr

i wanna ask about,oil catch can inlet and outlet??? (how can i attach my own catch can to engine )cbr600rr

Bluetooth.
    Nathan Tarlinton
    UOW FSAE 2010 - 2013

well you need to fit it to somewhere near the top of the engine that is open to the oil, just not bellow the level of the oil.

If you have a cbr600rr you should be able to find such a place with ease.
    Regards
    Jon

It is also good to make sure that the catch can opening is pointing upwards-ish!
    Pontus Fyhr - Lund University Formula Engineering alumn/assistant FA

You guys are cruel! This is obviously a young man with very little background from other questions he has asked. Which would indicate that there is very little base knowledge in the country from which he is operating. Give him a break.

Osamaselim,
    The catch can is to catch any oil vapours or oil drops coming from the crankcase of your engine, and to prevent them being deposited onto the track.

The catch can can be attached anywhere on your chassis. It does not have to be mounted to the engine. It is typically 1 litre in volume (the Rules say minimum of 0.9L). You then run a rubber hose from the breather nipple on your engine, and it is usually on the valve cover, down into this container. There needs to be a small hole in the top of the container or the cap to allow the can to vent. The hose should only project a little ways into the can, NOT down to the bottom. Some teams use an aluminium can. I prefer a translucent bottle so I can see if there is any carryover oil that I need to drain.

Here endeth Catch Cans 101!

I wasn't trying to be cruel. The rules are specific as to the size of the can. I was mearly describing where the crankcase vent needs to be.
    Regards
    Jon

thx for replay,michael royce u r right am a young man,so i try to learn so i asked.as u r a member since 2005 with good experience.

+ Reply to Thread