+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ah! Cost Report Due

Hey guys, I was wondering about the "format", if that's what they want to call it, that is in the Appendix. Did you guys include columns at the right of your BOM to list receipt, picture or process numbers? They said you shouldn't add any columns, but it seems logical that they want those columns.

Hey guys, I was wondering about the "format", if that's what they want to call it, that is in the Appendix. Did you guys include columns at the right of your BOM to list receipt, picture or process numbers? They said you shouldn't add any columns, but it seems logical that they want those columns.

I can't answer that question but I can warn you: Be careful of what seems logical. It cost us points last year because logical wasn't convienient for them.
    Sam Zimmerman

Vandals Racing alum

Umm... Logic would tell me to not attempt the cost report.

Also, hope you ahve some friends in the shipping business that can get your cost report to SAE by tomorrow.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Charlie - The report only has to be postmarked by April 1st, not at SAE.

Whoops, new rule change. I was wondering why all this talk about the cost report was still going on. Ours was sent out on the 26th.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

To all those continuing to work hard through the night to finish the report off, just think... you're almost there. (Just make sure you know when the post office closes) Remember this is the last "official" hoop to jump through before the competition. Good luck with testing and don't forget to send your fuel order in. See you in Detroit.

Steve
    U of Calgary FSAE

The rule has always been Postmarked on the 1st, I've sent in our reports for the last 2 years, and they have always been postmarked April 1 with no penalty.

Actually, Charlie is right. In 2001 there was no specification about the postmark. In 2002 the rule was received not postmarked. In 2003 the rule was also received and not postmarked. The rule has changed this year. If you really did just have yours postmarked by the day listed (not always April 1st) without a penalty then that is one more thing to hate about the cost report. I went without sleep for a substantial stretch last year and paid $60.00 out of my own pocket to make sure the report got there by the date. If I'd known that they weren't enforcing the rules I would have taken a nap and paid a lot less money.

These are the Action deadlines for the last several years

You can find the 2004 rules to see the change
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

Ahh, but in the cost report section of the rules it said postmarked by the date in the appendix. I remember being confused by the contradiction between the rules and the action deadline at the time, so thus I asked to make sure it was really postmarked by the first. Just look at section 4.4.4.5 in the 2002 rules on page 50. Guess you did waste that $60

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast