+ Reply to Thread

Thread: radio transmitter

hello,
    is there any regulations or limitation for radio transmitters in Italy?
    and what is your recommendation for a radio transmitter for the crew including the driver?

If you have the time, a custom made black-box, together with your own transmission protocol using the Zigbee as the data-link layer and a neat little GUI to plot all of that incoming data would suffice. You could add data-logging on the receptor while you're at it.

If you're me and really want to get one up just to serve the purpose of saying "Yippie Doodle" to the driver. Suggest you either link up walkie-talkies on either end (obviously the one on the car being packaged well) or go ahead and conference call the darn thing. Make sure the guys on the pits mute their phones when not in use!!! Saves time and money(depends on how much you actually use it).

And no there isn't any restriction on the radio frequency from the event perspective. Do keep the range <2km. Just make sure you don't go online on the local defence and military bands. That wouldn't go down too well with them!!!
    Regards,
    Nikhil Jali
    Electrical Head '10
    Engine & DaQ '07, '08, '09, '11
    Ashwa Racing

Last year we used a mobile with automatic answer on calling to talk with the driver. That is a not so quick box to driver communication only but it can be useful.

Many team use wifi connections for telemetry.
    Lorenzo Pessa

D-Team UniPisa (alumni of E-Team - Università di Pisa)
    FSG & FSAE-I 2009-2010

thanks guys i think we go with the easy way and buy some walkie talkie devices ...any way there is a regulation for using walkie talkies in italy which called PMR446

+ Reply to Thread