+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aprilia SXV 550 engines Now Available

Tuneboy has this week been released for the RXV/SXV engines, it can be found on there website at £220 (more expensive than there others because you get a genuine Aprilia cable with it, and the cable alone costs some £135!!!) they will ship globally and it's worth speaking to them about Educational discount!

www.tuneboy.com.au
    www.tuneboy.co.uk

I've also been speaking directly to Putolinea (people that make the recommended oil) and they seem very keen to deal, perhaps if enough people where interested in the states you could buy bulk! And if your getting engines through this thread then you should be able to find others to go in with bulk purchases?

I'll look to a new thread regarding the ECU once i have it in my hands

Mechanicaldan, any ideas on shipping costs to the UK? I think we will be needing another engine next year, it will be the MXV with any luck, but if we can get another RXV without buying a whole bike i'd much rather go with that! Only thing we would need is the ECU and loom (or a plug!)

For shipping cost estimates, go to www.ups.com The crates will be shipped from zip code 70503. My best guess for shipping weight of crate and motor is 100 lbs.
    Dan De Clute-Melancon
    Iowa State FSAE alumni
    Project Manager 03-04
    Engine Team Leader 02-03

http://www.spyy.ca/V-Twin_Superkart.mpg

They're talking about you guys over on ekartingnews.com too. Sounds like there are a bunch of superkart guys that are looking to pick up these engines.

-Kirk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vanny:
    ....free as best i know. Its also compatible with most of the engine being used in FSAE including the Honda CBR 600 and Daytona Triumph.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vanny,
    I don't see where on the website TuneBoy is compatible with the CBR600? Is there something you know that is not posted on the website?

Eric
    The 40oz Killer!

Hi, We just brought a SVX550 aprilia engine and looking for a CAD model of it. Any body have it on file or know where we can get one????

Wesmo, PM me with an email address and i should be able to sort something out! Where are you based.

Wizard, seems your right, i could well be mistaken as i can't find it either, but somone does off the shelf solution for the CBR i think!

I just added the dealer contact to the original post. You can now contact the dealer directly.
    Dan De Clute-Melancon
    Iowa State FSAE alumni
    Project Manager 03-04
    Engine Team Leader 02-03

Hi All,

I have been researching these motors for a few days and came across this site.

I am very interested in the 550 motor for a motorcycle conversion. Check out this link of David Howard's bike that he built for a customer. Project RSXV550 I have been speaking with Dave and he has offered his help. So back to my point, I would like to purchase the 550 motor, SXV or RXV , I still have to check the ratios. Also on a side note, check out my site and my own conversion. rgv-500.com

Can anyone confirm the price or the motor and everything needed to run it, such as programmable ECU and wiring harness.

Any information would be very appreciated.

Con

Can anybody accurately assign a value to engine weight or transmission weight?
    Formula SAE: some assembly required, results may vary

i would like to ask the physical size(height,width and length) of the SXV 550 engine.Becase i want to know the dimension to design a chassis for racing car
    THanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast