+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2005 SVSU GP Competitors

Great competition and thanks to SVSU for their hospitality and help. Sorry for leaving early again, but with the bent a-arm that ripped the CV boot, the low oil pressure, and the knocking noises in the engine we decided to pack it in.
    We did finally manage to get the telemetry working on Monday, so we got a ton of useful data that afternoon and Tuesday.
    Ben Beacock
    Alumni
    '03,'04(AWD),'05(AWD) Gryphon Racing - University of Guelph

Oh, and I forgot to thank Walbro for kicking in the great prizes, the SCCA Saginaw Valley Region for running the course and timing, and Teamtech for their sponsorship as well. Thank you!
    Alumni, University of Washington
    Structural / Mechanical Engineer, Blue Origin

All right, I've started editing some video footage. Here's the first installment (MPEGs, right-click and save target):
    Dangerous Dan Deussen!

Sorry I didn't have any footage of a clean lap, Dan, but I thought it was pretty entertaining Good job on your faster lap later!

Wisconsin vs Florida - will be uploading for an hour or so, so if it doesn't work, try again later.

More to come, though my camcorder battery died before the final round.

More footage from open track practice Tuesday morning:

Denny, Washington

Phil, SVSU

Khalil, Florida

For what it's worth, our motor ran in the car for the first time on May 19 about 1:00 am, if I remember correctly. First time it moved under it's own power was the brake test. We had a variety of motor problems during competition, not surprising with zero developement. The first time it ran right for any length of time was during qualifying at SVSU.

And I was on rains, I was pretty satisfied with the results all things considered.

Thanks everybody that helped to finally get our car running well, even if it was short lived. At around 3:00 on Tuesday we had nearly zero oil pressure according to the gauge, still haven't found out if the gauge is correct or not, but the motor definitely isn't happy.

The event was great, you guys put on a good race.

The race between Wisconsin and SVSU was a real highlight for me.

Our team plans to be there next year.

Andy Storbeck
    Michigan Technological University Formula SAE

Edit- One last thing, thanks to everybody that put up with my questions about everything on your car. Learned a lot.
    Michigan Technological University Formula SAE Alumni

Hey Andy,
    Here's a video of your car in Tuesday's morning practice:

Michigan Tech Practice

hey denny
    thanks for those videos, they're awesome--got any more?
    Philip Degner
    Chief Operating Officer
    Cardinal Formula Racing FSAE
    Saginaw Valley State University

Well, I've got the first race between you and me, but the camera is on my car the whole time, which is pretty boring, and my account is just about full now

Sorry this is a little late. I was quite impressed with the qualtiy of competiton at the SVSU GP. I would like to thank Brooks for organizing the event and for putting in the extra time that an event like this requires. And a special thanks to his wife for going the extra mile to feed us in a time of crisis.

I'd also like to thank the teams that participated in the car swap. I know I gained some useful information through the comparision of the cars. Its not too often you get to drive another FSAE car.

I hope everyone had as much fun as we did. It was nice to be able to relax a little after the stressful preperation/execution of competition. I am looking forward to next years event. Hopefully we will be invited back for another good competition.

Whats up guys?

Just wondering the date of when you guys are going to put on the race again. I know Us Tech guys would love a rematch!!!! Just looking for a date so I know when to start my internship for the summer. Thanks
    Greg
    -----------
    Would you like toast, muffin, or pancakes with that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast