+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: warp factor STIG - formula style

I remember that during the autumn 2004, we had our 2004 formula run on a go kart circuit by a professional driver (Bertrand Godin) who had a TV show. http://www.shkarting.com/New_SH_Site...sp?userLang=en
    We didnt have that much coverage because the tv show wasnt that popular. But it could be a great idea to have some of the team in a top gear episodes. But it wouldn't be a good idea to run those fsae on a real race track. We have try the experience last tuesday and it wasnt a good experience. http://www.sanairracing.net/z_eng/index.htm
    The driver was always in 4th gears and hit the end of the fifth when the track converge on the drag part of the course. We are running a monocylinder. Maybe if we had a four cylinder with a better end ratio, it could have been better. But i think it could be a better idea to organize an event where there is 4 or 5 schools in a very big parking lot with a nice layout to show what really is a formula sae.
    Bruno Côté
    Member since 05
    The extra material is only for aero

To bad the real Stig didn't drive the Renault around the track. It was actually Renault test driver Heikki Kovalainen. Also I hear that when ever a Lotus hits the track it isn't really the Stig either but Lotus' top tester.

But all this means is that it wouldn't be the Stig driving the formula car it would be one of us.
    John "Jack" Vinella
    University of Washington Alumni 06' 07' 08' 09'

Speaking of that, where the hell did that show go? They don't air it at all in the states anymore. There are so many cars that I've missed, it's pretty sad.
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

Ooooooo, thanks a lot. Bye bye hard drive.
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2