+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CRIP value 92 for HONDA CBR F4I using Motec m400

A few weeks ago we assembled an old engine(Honda 600 f4i) and using a stroboscope we got the mark aligned at 92 crip value in motec. The engine fires properly and egts give proper reading showing each cylinder is firing. The value is too weird and we need help.
    Electronics Head
    Orion Racing India
    Somaiya,MUMBAI

If you've check it with a scope and the engine runs, why does it seam a weird value?
    Cheers

Swinburne University of Technology

feels weird because mostly the values lie around 70s and reading online people also have values close to 70s . Hence I was wondering if the assembly was done properly or not.
    Electronics Head
    Orion Racing India
    Somaiya,MUMBAI

Check it with a timing light while cranking the motor. Set the temporary value in motec to 0 deg (TDC) and the crank the motor with a timing light attached. The timing light should show if it is on the factory TDC markings or not. If that is good, then I would not worry about it.

If it works don't worry about it. I would just double check the timing with a light.

Well I just checked the f4 tunes I did and that had a crip of 121 degrees and that was verified with a timing light.

I would think the variation would come from which 2 teeth you cut off the stock trigger wheel.

As has been said, if you're confident in the number, then let it go.
    Cheers

Swinburne University of Technology

+ Reply to Thread