+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rowley Race Car Engineering?

Has anybody read this book?
    It just came across me, and I was wondering whether it would be worth the 120 bucks.

Check
    http://www.rowleyrace.com/publications.php
    Juan Andres Espinoza
    Technical Director
    Universidad Simon Bolivar
    www.formulasae.grupos.usb.ve

I have a copy. I like it a lot. It comes with a demo version of WinGeo3, an excellent piece of suspension software. Very helpful in designing suspension and the like.

The book is great. It has one of the best tire sections I have read. There are plenty of good examples and pictures in it. It is rather through, although the spreadsheets it comes with are somewhat clumsy.

I accidentally stumbled accross this book on the net a while ago. Based on the free sample chapters on the Rowley website I bought the book and it is by far the best $120 I have spent.

The book is almost two inches thick and covers everything about racecar engineering in excellent depth. In my opinion it outguns RCVD.

It is meant to be Book 1 of 5 but unfortunately the author is not well enough to write anymore.

It surprises me that this book has not more widely known about.

yes, buy the book. it is worth in market price probably 200 bucks. just on material and the spreadsheets.

it is also reasonably easy to read. if you like maths there is only one chapter which is totally maths based, and written by J. Salinas. It can help with math modelling.

i would say it is far away from the simplistic approach of say van Valkenburgh. and it has a more race car applied content than RCVD purely because Rowley has included a lot of info from his involvement in Nascar and other racing classes
    ...we got emergency on planet earth

An excellent read. I find myself building models per Mr. Rowley's instructions, and it is quite helpful in learning the how's and why's. I went ahead and purchased the full version of inGeo and I must say it has many, many uses. However, I have somehow misplaced my copy of WAN31. I have written the author in hopes of getting a new copy, unfortunately he has not replied, probably due to his illness. Does anyone have a copy they could sell me?

Erm. you mean you lost the CD??

Well, if he does not reply, then maybe just ask him if he agrees to you getting the excel files from another owner of the book. I can email you the files but I would be worried about Mr Rowley grumbling.
    ...we got emergency on planet earth

Yeah, I lost it. Should have saved the files to my hard drive - hindsight is 20/20! Im going to contact Bill Mitchell to see if he can help.

+ Reply to Thread