+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MIS Lodging

Sooooooo where is everyone staying this year? We are looking at travelodge in Jackson amongst other places.
    Ryan Dougherty
    ALUMNI - Louisville Motorsports
    2011 Team mis-manager
    2010 Suspension team
    2009 ???
    2008 Freshman

Sooooooo where is everyone staying this year? We are looking at travelodge in Jackson amongst other places.
    Ryan Dougherty
    2011 Team mis-manager
    2010 Suspension team
    2009 ???
    2008 Freshman

We're renting a house on Lake Columbia, we'll have about 15 members there. It's only about 6 miles from MIS. Staying in Jackson is nice as far as finding food/parts stores goes but it's a bit of drive every morning.
    Iowa State University
    2010-2011 Chassis Team Leader

Travelodge in Jackson? Heck yes. That where we booked our rooms. It was balls cheap too! We better see you there. You bring the girls!

Last year we stayed at the Avalon accross the street from travelodge, and it was "classy" And by classy I mean shadiest hotel I have ever stepped foot in. We were super bummed when we called again this year to reserve our rooms, and half was condemned, and the other half was booked solid. Damn. Evansville kinda has a thing for shady hotels, makes life a little more sporting.

Oh and by the way, who is the bloke from your team who I saw at the state park shooting range up in clark county IN? I forgot his name.
    Aces Racing - "I wanna go FAST"
    www.ueracing.com
    2011 - Lead Design - Frame and Suspension Lead

That was probably Andrew who you ran into.

We hit a bit of a snag when it came to using the schools credit card to book a hotel. The hotel has to be on some preferred list with a U of L rate, and here is the kicker we don't get the U of L discounted rate. So it is back to the drawing board, and we'll probably end up at the hampton inn since it was the least expensive on the list at around $105 a night plus taxes and fees.

Also, we might actually have a female team member with us this year.
    Ryan Dougherty
    2011 Team mis-manager
    2010 Suspension team
    2009 ???
    2008 Freshman

Yea, I believe thats who it was. I just happened to be wearing my 2010 MIS Fsae shirt out there.

$105 per night!!! That is outrageous. We are paying $31 per night at the travelodge. Is there anyway to pay for the rooms on a personnal credit card, and then just turn in the receipts for reimbursement? We have that option at UE

How us your car coming along? You think you'll be hitting up an pre MIS scca events? We are hoping to be at atleast one in April
    www.ueracing.com

As we did in the last years we will stay at a rental house at Columbia Lake.

So I guess Iowa and Graz will be neighbours this year?! Which house do you have?
    Ruth

Team Manager 2010 & USA 2011
    Marketing 2009
    TU Graz Racing Team

SDSM&T will be staying along the banks of Silver Lake.

We are planning on making it to all the SCCA events in Louisville between now and competition. Pretty much everything is manufactured outside of the body and we are mostly done putting it all together.

We are officially booked for the Hampton Inn in Jackson as of today and are roughly $2,000 poorer.
    Ryan Dougherty
    2011 Team mis-manager
    2010 Suspension team
    2009 ???
    2008 Freshman

Good deal you got a place. Alot were already booked when we were looking. When is the first SCCA do you know?
    www.ueracing.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast