G'day All,

My name is Jake Darrell and I am a member of the Eureka Racing Team from the University of Ballarat, specifically, I'm looking after the drivetrain. We are a completely new team with the last year we competed being 2008. We are looking at entering the 2013 FSAE Australasia competition and so I thought I'd start a build progress thread.

One of our first projects has been the reassembly of the 2006 car to use for the development of components and testing for the new car, and of course to also learn how to drive these cars. The '06 car:

Having just spent the weekend down at Werribee at the 2012 competition gaining ideas and getting a feel for whats involved we hope to be down there next year competing.
Our history of FSAE has not been overly great due to past teams building cars without full concern for the rules, we will be doing all we can to ensure 2013 is our best result yet.

Here is a pic of the '08 car which has now been disassembled for parts:

Having seen quite a few cars have all sorts of trouble over the weekend - whether these problems came as a result of flawed design, lack of testing etc, we are making it our main focus to design and build a car that is simple, of high quality and with hours of testing behind it to ensure we are there at the end of Sunday with smiles on our faces

As we make progress I will endeavour to keep this thread up to date with photos, info etc.

Please feel free to ask any questions at anytime!

Cheers,
Jake