+ Reply to Thread

Thread: URGENT: Hoosier 20.5 x 7.0-13 R25B

Is anyone willing to sell or lend us one new set of the Hoosiers 20.5 x 7.0-13 R25B at the UK Competition? Sadly these Tires are out of stock at the moment and we gambled too long with other manufacturers...
    We can pay you directly at competition or trade back at FS Germany...

Please send me a PM if you are interested.
    '07 Suspension ETH Zurich
    '08 Chassis ETH Zurich
    '09 Chassis ETH Zurich

Is anyone willing to sell or lend us one new set of the Hoosiers 20.5 x 7.0-13 R25B at the UK Competition? Sadly these Tires are out of stock at the moment and we gambled too long with other manufacturers...
    We can pay you directly at competition or trade back at FS Germany...

Please send me a PM if you are interested.
    '08 Chassis ETH Zurich
    '09 Chassis ETH Zurich

Aw just grab a set of Goodyears. You'll go faster.
    Colorado FSAE | '05 - '07
    Goodyear Tire & Rubber | '07 - '11
    NASCAR Engineer | '11 - ??

After some Laps maybe ;-)
    '08 Chassis ETH Zurich
    '09 Chassis ETH Zurich

You might want to take a look at the autocross results from the three US comps.

the outlap on the D2696 is much improved over the previous code, the D2692. the new tire comes up to temp faster, has more grip, higher cornering stiffness, and wears better.

You should try a set. the worst that will happen is you end up with a set of practice tires that will last most of the year.

Hey guys, I can totally understand that you want the brand of tire you use/sell to be used by as many people as possible, but maybe we should just trust for a second that Zurich did some tire testing and is happy with what they've got? Besides, when changing tire compounds on the way to comp, what's the worst that can happen? Bombing in design because your tire data doesn't exist and slowing down on track because your handling is 100% different from what you're expecting???
    David Collins
    Sooner Racing Team

"By definition, a hard driver is one possessing little, if any, brains."

David,
    Tom and I really don't intend to be too pushy about this. I'm sorry if it seems that way.

My first assumption was that they haven't tested on the new compound, but probably did a comparison between the hoosier and the old compound.

My second assumption was that they'll test the tire before committing to it.

If either of those assumptions are wrong, then my full apologizes to ETH.

Zac,

This year we didn`t compare GY versus HO. We compared HO versus another promising tire. Last year we changed to Hoosier because the outlap (Autocross) on the D2692 was slower than on the Hoosier. However overall grip, characteristic and most important braking stability were better or equal compared to the Hoosiers.

I don`t want to blame GY tires in any way, personally I prefer their characteristics and if the new compound heats up faster, then they will be very fast in all disciplines.

Maybe you can talk a little more about the new compound and if it is available at FSUK Competition.

Greets, Urs
    '08 Chassis ETH Zurich
    '09 Chassis ETH Zurich

+ Reply to Thread