+ Reply to Thread

Thread: $1500 OBO - 88 Honda CRX DX - Redemption Racing - Huntington Beach, CA

It make me sad to say it... but Sexy Rexy has gotta go! We're looking for a good home for our solid, race-proven, '88 CRX DX LeMons car. This is your opportunity to own a piece of LeMons history!

We've raced her in three races.
    Altamont #1 (October 2007): 21st Place.
    Altamont #2 (May 2008): 45th Plave.
    Buttonwillow (August 2009): 7th Place. (Would have been 4th if I didn't drive like a jackass and get two black flag penalties!!!). Third fastest, fastest lap of the entire race... only behind the race winning Mustard Yellow Volvo Doing 45 in the Fast Lane and the multiple race winning Eyesore Racing Miata!

Here's the rundown on Rexy's features:
    Fresh Z16 (JDM - no joke!) CRX Si engine - only used for the Buttonwillow race so far
    Manual transmission with the highest (numerical) differential ratio available for the 88-91 transmissions - for superior acceleration off the corners! Didn't top out in 5th, even at Buttonwillow. Shifts great, no grinding, clunking, or banging.
    ~1900 lbs wet, no driver
    Almost perfect 50/50 cross weights (she's a bit front heavy, hence the wing)
    Aero package: super sweet rear wing off of a Radical SR3, front air dam, and side skirts
    LeMons and SCCA/NASA legal roll cage - 6pt with door bars, halo, and Petty bar
    Sparco seat
    Pyrotect 5-point cam release harnesses (still in date - good for a couple more years, i believe)
    Sparco steering wheel with a splined quick-release hub.
    COMPLETE set of suspension spares!
    3 sets of wheels and Falken tires (used)!

Only things you need to do to be race ready:
    new front brake pads (D273)
    new front rotors
    nut and bolt!

IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!

If you've ever built a LeMons car, you know how much time, money, and manpower it takes to get a car up and running, let alone proven and reliable. If you haven't, take it from us (we've built and raced two), it's going to take you way more time, and cost you way more money than you are expecting. Rexy is a your chance to simply buy a solid, reliable racecar - without any of the hassle!

We are available 7 days a week to show the car. Message me to set up a time. Like it says in the subject line, the car is garaged in Huntington Beach, CA. Many more pictures also available, just ask. Free delivery within the LA area. We are willing to transport the car outside of the LA area, although the buyer will assume any costs for delivery outside of the LA area.

-Kirk

It make me sad to say it... but Sexy Rexy has gotta go! We're looking for a good home for our solid, race-proven, '88 CRX DX LeMons car. This is your opportunity to own a piece of LeMons history!

We've raced her in three races.
    Altamont #1 (October 2007): 21st Place.
    Altamont #2 (May 2008): 45th Plave.
    Buttonwillow (August 2009): 7th Place. (Would have been 4th if I didn't drive like a jackass and get two black flag penalties!!!). Third fastest, fastest lap of the entire race... only behind the race winning Mustard Yellow Volvo Doing 45 in the Fast Lane and the multiple race winning Eyesore Racing Miata!

Here's the rundown on Rexy's features:
    Fresh Z16 (JDM - no joke!) CRX Si engine - only used for the Buttonwillow race so far
    Manual transmission with the highest (numerical) differential ratio available for the 88-91 transmissions - for superior acceleration off the corners! Didn't top out in 5th, even at Buttonwillow. Shifts great, no grinding, clunking, or banging.
    ~1900 lbs wet, no driver
    Almost perfect 50/50 cross weights (she's a bit front heavy, hence the wing)
    Aero package: super sweet rear wing off of a Radical SR3, front air dam, and side skirts
    LeMons and SCCA/NASA legal roll cage - 6pt with door bars, halo, and Petty bar
    Sparco seat
    Pyrotect 5-point cam release harnesses (still in date - good for a couple more years, i believe)
    Sparco steering wheel with a splined quick-release hub.
    COMPLETE set of suspension spares!
    3 sets of wheels and Falken tires (used)!

Only things you need to do to be race ready:
    new front brake pads (D273)
    new front rotors
    nut and bolt!

IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!

If you've ever built a LeMons car, you know how much time, money, and manpower it takes to get a car up and running, let alone proven and reliable. If you haven't, take it from us (we've built and raced two), it's going to take you way more time, and cost you way more money than you are expecting. Rexy is a your chance to simply buy a solid, reliable racecar - without any of the hassle!

We are available 7 days a week to show the car. Message me to set up a time. Like it says in the subject line, the car is garaged in Huntington Beach, CA. Many more pictures also available, just ask. Free delivery within the LA area. We are willing to transport the car outside of the LA area, although the buyer will assume any costs for delivery outside of the LA area.

-Kirk

I am interested in the lemons car as we totaled our last one at Thunderhill this year. Send me your contact info so I can go see the car. I am located with in 20 min. of HB. Thanks.
    Rick
    Rickyracer99@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread