+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Web link verification.

I don't know about you but this verification thing is just annoying. It takes forever for a post to be posted. I know spam is a problem but the negative effect of this method is huge!
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

I don't know about you but this verification thing is just annoying. It takes forever for a post to be posted. I know spam is a problem but the negative effect of this method is huge!

perhaps the system can be changed, so that the verification has to be done only once per user.

I think a combination would be good. A minimum number of posts (like 10) and a single verification per user.

-Kirk

Who are the admins btw?

Its a pain... I think most people just mask the address with spaces. For example h t t p: your site . c o m.
    Daniel Wageman
    University of Washington FSAE
    Team 19: Chassis/Data Acq
    Team 20: Data Acq Lead
    Team 21: Engine, Power Package
    Team 22-24: Technical Director

I think we should do something about it. Even posting pics is problematic. How is the forum administered? Who are the admins?

I've got to agree. The quality of posts has deteriorated since web links now take some time to approve. I know for myself there have been many times where I haven't posted something of value because I couldn't be bothered waiting for my post to be approved.

Cheers
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

we have a couple of moderators ... but the one that does the approval of the links, is still the owner of the site. Probably best to email him instead.
    RiNaZ

Please can the site owner change it so that you can post links and embed images etc after 10 posts or something. It is so frustrating. I just tried to post something and it got stuck in the filter, removed the link and tried to post it again and it was caught by the filter again. Even an option to edit your post if it contains these 'catch words' would be useful.
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

+ Reply to Thread