+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ROUND CHROMOLY TUBING 4130

Tubing 4130

hello ...i´m a member of a new team of portugal in class 3,and my question is...i don´t find the papers talk about the norm for this material
    -Composition
    -mechanical properties
    -fatigue data
    -heat treatment

i need help please....can you send for my

Tubing 4130

hello ...i´m a member of a new team of portugal in class 3,and my question is...i don´t find the papers talk about the norm for this material
    -Composition
    -mechanical properties
    -fatigue data
    -heat treatment

i need help please....can you send for my
    PHISEC RACING TEAM
    www.phisec.com

you don't have a materials professor or a library at your uni? It seems that you are able to access the internet, you could try that for some information. I hear the google is good for engineering research.
    Bryan Hise

"The price of winning is always the reduction, if not the elimination, of play time. However, since racing is basically playing any way you want to look at it (real people make their livings by doing something they hate), we cant bitch

Try matweb.com... A plethora of material properties info.

As far as heat treat goes... You can spend a lifetime learning about it, but some google action will certainly get you started.

Also, as far is roll cage tubing goes, I would not attempt to heat treat, because it requires a helluvan oven, and you are going to run into all kinds of issues with warpage and cracking.
    Kettering University FSAE Alumni

+ Reply to Thread