+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 per event. Ouch!

Still less than half the price of the Aus comp
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

And this affects you how, Rob Woods?

Rob is probably concerned about the teams with small budgets to begin with that are now evaluating what they are going to do without to afford the increase in fees.

While it no longer may affect Rob specifically, it does affect the competition as a whole.
    Chris Noll
    UB Motorsports Formula SAE: RIP 1987-2010

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."- Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MalcolmG:
    Still less than half the price of the Aus comp
    Not to mention teams that attend FSAE-A generally have to travel a helluva lot further to get there... Competing is becoming pretty damn expensive, and you still have to build the car!
    --------------------------------------------
    Technical Director UARC 2007

http://formula-sae.adelaide.edu.au

I have high hopes that this will force teams to take registering for an event very seriously, and that if a team can only afford one comp...it's all they register for! I don't know about you guys, but I get a little let down when I show up expecting to see the teams that entered, and only half the entrants are there. If everyone has to plan around a slightly higher competition cost, maybe we'll have a better picture of the event before the thursday of it.
    David Collins
    Sooner Racing Team

"By definition, a hard driver is one possessing little, if any, brains."

Even the small budget teams can do it. Its not that hard to find a grand in sponsorship, the fact is people dont try and get it. There are thousands of campanies in each city. I bet one in every 50 would donate some cash. You just have to ask..

+ Reply to Thread