+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Live for Speed Autocross Layouts

Anyone have a layout already made for a FSAE style autocross or endurance course?
    LFS-S2 is pretty rockin and I've been using the autox layout editor to check out configurations for tests i'm running later this summer.
    Ben Beacock
    Alumni
    '03,'04(AWD),'05(AWD) Gryphon Racing - University of Guelph

Anyone have a layout already made for a FSAE style autocross or endurance course?
    LFS-S2 is pretty rockin and I've been using the autox layout editor to check out configurations for tests i'm running later this summer.
    Ben Beacock
    Alumni
    '03,'04(AWD),'05(AWD) Gryphon Racing - University of Guelph

I drove the endurance, have a video walk around of the course and LFS is good fun...maybe I should try and do this!
    --
    Spencer
    UBC Formula SAE
    www.formulaubc.com

I was thinking about doing the autox track on S1 but i found that the track was almost twice as big as the lot that they give you. That and i couldnt think of a good way to keep the track from deforming. If they only had like a coordinate system...
    UTA Racing '05,'06,'07,'08................................... ...

We filmed the track in the 15min time we had to walk around the autocross course in FSG. We then went back into the pits where we had a laptop with steering wheel. I then put the layout in LFS S2 (track size here is big enough).

It's good the learn the track and I think it worked.
    I went onto track and knew where I had to go. vid is up on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BbhZfDiyy8

This thread and this image in particular lead me to wonder if there's anyone out there who uses LFS or anything similar as part of driver training?

I realise that real life and computer simulations are completely different things but surely there's some merit if only just to get new drivers used to the style of tracks?

Like I said, we use it during the events and I personally use it for fun besides driving LFS online

Do you use modified vehicle properties more akin of an FSAE car as well?

I tried to modify the vehicle properties, without success. I even wrote a mail to Scawen Roberts to update the FSAE model, but he didn't answer. I then tried to adapt the car with a specific setup as good as possible to modern FSAE conditions. Works better but not too good.

What about an official mail from our community to the LFS desginers?? We provide them with data and an iges file of a modern fsae car and they adapt the new model??
    I think with an adjusted weight of 200-220kg and a power output of approx 90hp it would be a very good way of training our drivers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast