+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Racing in the rain

how many of you practice in the rain?

our team has been there three years in a row and it has always rained.. Last year just the autocross event.. but still I think its very important to practice on wet surface..For example: I dont know what the driver of ohio state smoked but he was really fast..
    Alejandro Rondon
    Universidad Simon Bolivar
    www.formulasae.grupos.usb.ve

Yes, we test in the rain. Sometimes it's hard not to
    Alumni, University of Washington
    Structural / Mechanical Engineer, Blue Origin

Rain? In Seattle?! News to me...

Turns out that is a bonus for you guys... it doesn't rain all that much down here. We have to get "lucky" to work on our rain setup.

-Kirk

Ya, it feels real "lucky" to be driving when its 37 degrees out and raining ... Nothing like fogged visors and roostertails coming in your helmet ...

Matt

We test in the rain also. In fact our rain tires got more use last year than the slicks, at least until we went to the Texas Autocross Weekend.
    Daniel Alford
    Bearcat Motorsports Alumni

Last late April we got a nice snow/rain mix. Rain is easier to see through than snow.
    Buckingham

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alfordda:
    We test in the rain also. In fact our rain tires got more use last year than the slicks, at least until we went to the Texas Autocross Weekend. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fact, I distinctly remember you being up to your knees in a flood at Edgewater Dan. And Justin running a motorcycle up to his waist or something of that nature. Needless to say, the car wasn't running then....
    B.J. Stoney
    Bearcat Motorsports Alumni '02-'07
    University of Cincinnati
    benjamin.stoney@gmail.com

If it weren't for rain we wouldn't get to use our special bodywork! You know... the one that qualifies us for the 'Creative Use of Polymers' award...

*ahem*trashbag*s'cuseme*
    Code:
    "...with powershifts and tiresmoke for all"

Testing in the rain. No wet tyres though.

we have practiced in rain with slick tires too. didnt like it at all..

last year we ran autocross with medium rain tires (good year). we were the 5th or 6th team on the line after the storm passed. And it was like racing with slicks..

Have you compared hoosier and goodyear rain tires? we havent.. but this year I think we are using good year..
    Alejandro Rondon
    Universidad Simon Bolivar
    www.formulasae.grupos.usb.ve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast