Hi all,
I have been aked to post this message by one of the design judges.

.........."I would like to please remind all competitors that it is to their advantage to read rule 4.5.12., and submit a photo album when presenting your car for design judging. By 5:30pm Thursday evening, each design judge will have looked at up to 16 different cars. Each car will have been seen for a scant 20 minutes each. That leaves only 9 to 10 minutes for the judges to collaborate and score that car, before we have to judge the next car. In those 9 minutes we can only write down a limited amount of notes. At the end of the day when it comes time to send 1 to 2 cars forward to semi-finals from each que, it is extremely helpful to have pictures of the different cars to look at. This rule is not mandatory. It is more of a suggestion, but if you have the chance to get your car in front of the judges later in the day so that they can recall critical details to your design, wouldn't you want to take advantage of that?

At last year's event a team leader asked what the previous team had given me as they left design judging. When I explained that it was photos of the car and the rules permitted them to do that, he smoothly went on to do his team's design presentation, and left. Thirty minutes later he returned, and handed me a folder with his team's car photos in it. They had quickly taken digital photos right after being judged, printed them on 8.5 x 11 paper, and bound them in a folder. It impressed me that they were observant enough to see the other team hand me photos, and then react fast enough to get their own photos quickly turned in. If I remember correctly, those photos helped bump that team up several places when we tallied our results at the end of the day.

An anonymous Motorsports Design Judge"

PDR