+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Waiting period

Hybrid View

Is there any way that we could establish a wiating period, like when you buy a firearm, for new members. I think after they read through the first five posts on the forum that they could get the idea that they need to use the FIND tab rather than pissing off the people with good information by asking, "Could you tell me the answer to my obscure question? I haven't researched and don't want to design it."

I think when we get to the point that we have newbs starting posts about topics that already exist, some within the 1st page of topics, it has gone to far.

Back to the question at hand. Is it possible to create a waiting period? If not, could those of you who are directing your new team members here, give them a training session on how not to piss off the forum?

Sorry for the new topic, and rant
    Bill

Is there any way that we could establish a wiating period, like when you buy a firearm, for new members. I think after they read through the first five posts on the forum that they could get the idea that they need to use the FIND tab rather than pissing off the people with good information by asking, "Could you tell me the answer to my obscure question? I haven't researched and don't want to design it."

I think when we get to the point that we have newbs starting posts about topics that already exist, some within the 1st page of topics, it has gone to far.

Back to the question at hand. Is it possible to create a waiting period? If not, could those of you who are directing your new team members here, give them a training session on how not to piss off the forum?

Sorry for the new topic, and rant
    Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Kunst:
    Pat,
    I am new to the forum, but not to working on a team, or going back as an alumni to help support teams in tech and manufacturing expertise. I really think the main problem is that everyone wants instant gratification. Its like self pleasure without the work. I ask for the answer, someone hopefully replies with the right answer. No work for me, YEA!!

I find that many morons, from the states, have grown up on hondatunermycarisfastertech.com/forum and don't know how to search anywhere, which is evident within this site. Using dogpile, yahoo, google can get you most of the results you get here with less time and insult. Sure, we may never be able to find the directions on home to build a winning FSAE car on the net, but we can ask someone and they might just tell us.

So, to sum up this long post, laziness craps up this forum and almost all others out there.

My five cents,
    Bill Kunst </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill,

The above was one of your very first posts on this forum. You came on throwing insults and it has never stopped.

Perhaps you can be more understanding of the folks who come on here to seek the advice of other FSAE members. I did a search of your posts and I didn't see one that actually asked another member of this community for their help or advice on anything technical. I know it is very hard for you to understand, but there are people out there that do not know everything. The people who do not posses the all-encompassing knowledge that you do actually come here to both learn and share whatever knowledge their feeble little minds might posses. I am not sure why somebody who already knows everything would take their time to point their browser to FSAE.com. Could you enlighten me? If you have already covered this in a previous post, please accept my apologies as I must not be as proficient with the search feature as you are.
    Sam Zimmerman

Vandals Racing alum

Write with a british accent
    'engine and turbo guy'
    Cornell 02-03

How about a 'sticky' at the top like in other forums that instructs people to use the find feature and that also has a small paragraph declaring that the moderators will move obviously asked questions to some other topic folder.

Dave

I think it's not the problem of asking simple question, rather, it's how the simple question is being asked. I think both Bill and Jude has a point in their reasonings.

having been in this forum since it first started (and way before that; mailing list), i have to agree that improvement is needed with the way that members post comments/questions. By the way Mike Cook, i wish that was possible (none of the moderators have that option)

And i think respects go both ways in this forum. The newbies have got to use the search forum, and the seniors can at least show the link to the previous thread were and if the topic had already been discussed.

But in all honesty, if we didnt have all these posts from newbies, i do think that this forum will have its "silence-period". It had happened a lot before.

p/s: no complaints other than the 2 posts about carbon fibre wheels. You have to agree, it's just mind boggling to know that for someone who built a CF chassis can create the same topic which was discussed a day earlier and managed to say "these ppl come and go". Go figure.
    RiNaZ

do you get to use your pistols?

I got a good laugh out of this one! Thanks guys!
    Ian McGiffen
    University of Evansville
    Engine Nerd

"I wanna go fast!"

How about, I become the moderator and ban at will.
    ----
    Mike Cook
    It's an engineering competition, not an over-engineering competition!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle Walther:
    i believe ritual sacrifice was also a tradition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kyle, ritual sacrifice was discussed in a previous post. Please use the FIND feature.
    Matt Brown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast