+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IndyCar and Champ Car Merge

I'm just happy two Aussies are now going to run in the IRL - Briscoe and Power. Give me someone to cheer for come 500 time...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wooly:
    I'm just happy two Aussies are now going to run in the IRL - Briscoe and Power. Give me someone to cheer for come 500 time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or at Surfer's!
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jdstuff:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roger:
    ........ i'll be at the long beach grand prix for the last Champ Car race! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

x2! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

x3!!!
    "Man, I need to practice more!" - Kenny Wallace
    "Try not to have a good time... this is supposed to be educational." - Charles M Schulz
    -OptimumG 2005-2006
    -Turner Motorsports 2008-2009
    -Black Swan Racing 2010 & 2011 Team and Driver's Champions
    -HPD Race Engineer 2011-2014
    -Currently Freelance Data/Race Engineer

Wooly bad news, Team Australia just called it quits. It looks like Will Power is out of a ride for this year. That's the second Champ Car team to be forced to leave due to lack of sponsorship to fund the switch. I guess $1M and a car isn't enough to get going.

It looks like the Champ Car teams got the short end of the stick. I wouldn't be surprised if more teams announce they're quitting before the season starts.

Cheers,
    Vince Libertucci
    U of T Racing Alumn
    2004 - 2008

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2