+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for intercom system

What type of system are you using to communicate between driver and mechanics. I had a plan to use an hunt radio and a bluetooth headset integrated in the helmet. But i am not pleased with what I found so far, so I was hoping for some tip-offs from you oldies regarding what kind of system you using and for what price did you get it?

The price of the system I have found is around 500 Euro.

Best regards
    CRR10

What type of system are you using to communicate between driver and mechanics. I had a plan to use an hunt radio and a bluetooth headset integrated in the helmet. But i am not pleased with what I found so far, so I was hoping for some tip-offs from you oldies regarding what kind of system you using and for what price did you get it?

The price of the system I have found is around 500 Euro.

Best regards
    CRR10

Getting the driver's input after their <15 minute stint in the car isn't enough?

We have used simple 2-way FRS radios for quite sometime. Someone on your team likely already has a set. You can add external microphones for the driver pretty cheaply, and even get an external push-to-talk button to mount on the wheel.

@atm92484: They can be very useful during testing. We use a similar flag system to what is used during competition, however, there is often information that we can't relay to the driver via flags. Examples would be: deer, mountain bikers, drunkards, etc. on one end of the track, keep to the south end.

Also the way we situate our "marshals" keeps everyone as safe as possible, but it does allow for ~10 seconds of unflagged driving at each loop by our drivers. 10 seconds is a long time to be out of communication with your driver in a car like this.

After having used radios, it would be difficult for us to reverse back.
    EX-FSAE

+ Reply to Thread