+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Helmholtz resonator calculation q's

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nishant Jain:
    Hey,

Was just reading up this chain and I would like to try the Overdrive program put up by Charlie Ping.

But the link's dead. Can anyone help with finding the software? Email it or upload it somewhere? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry... I don't have this program anymore either!
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Man, this thread is from the old days huh Charlie?

Here's a link to it if there's no objections from Marc.
    http://www.wwufsae.com/Waltman/Resources/overdrive.exe
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

Hey,

Unfortunately there's a couple of errors in the software that pretty much make it useless, and I don't have the code or an updated version anymore...I think your best bet for this kind of method is to find the paper on acoustic intake design that was published by Sam Zimmerman a few years ago, and use that as a base.

Alternately, you might want to look into getting an educational license for Ricardo WAVE, as they offer excellent support for FSAE teams.

Thanks guys.

I'm working on the Ricardo license right now. Very eager to work on that. And having read the amazing tips and work-arounds put up here, it should be a less taxing experience for us.

As for the paper by Sam Zimmermann, I've been looking for it quite sometime since I read about it here on the forum. But seems like its not available online anymore. That link's died too. Again, can someone help?
    Nishant Jain.
    Ex-team member, Formula Manipal, India

Go to the SAE site and look for it, you can buy it for about $11, that's what we ended up doing about a month ago. I don't have a link, sorry, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it there.
    Mountain Lion Motorsports

Link removed per Marc's request.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As for the paper by Sam Zimmermann, I've been looking for it quite sometime since I read about it here on the forum. But seems like its not available online anymore. That link's died too. Again, can someone help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check with your university library first. Often libraries have subscriptions to professional publications like SAE, so you may be able to request it at no cost to you. I'm not sure how common that is overseas, but here in the states it's fairly standard. Otherwise, $11 is worth it in this case.
    --------------------------------
    Prototype Sports Car Design Blog

Miami University FSAE Chassis Team 2005-2007
    Miami University FSAE Suspension Leader 2007-2008

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5